With around 2,1 million apps to choose from, Android is the largest App Store in the world. This popularity of Android has led to the growth and recognition of Android emulators to the extent that it is a hot trend these days.
For those who use a Windows PC and wish to run Android on it, emulators are the best way out. Whether you want to add a mouse or keyboard to your game, test an application before releasing it as a developer, or debug apps directly on the system, emulators are just what you need for your Windows PC.
The emulators are easy to use and provide users with an excellent method to take advantage of the wide variety of Android apps on their PC. There is a huge number of Android emulators online, which makes it difficult to choose. After a lot of brainstorming, we've come up with the list of some of the best Android emulators for Windows PCs. Check out the list below:
Bluestacks 3 is the latest update of this most popular name in the Android emulator category. Widely used and available for free, this emulator is now updated to Android Nougat. It is compatible with Windows XP and later.
Wondering why it's so popular? Well, it runs almost all the apps available in the Play Store, except a few. It is especially a plus for gamers as it turns your PC into a super gaming platform with Android games. However, it works just as well for other Android apps.
It is the fastest mobile gaming platform in the world that takes your gaming experience to the next level on your PC. Its availability in Android Nougat makes it compatible with all high-performance and graphically excellent mobile games on the system.
What's more? You can also play multiple games and apps at the same time in single windows or all in one place. Besides, it also lets you fix controls like mouse, keyboard or gamepad to help you play aggressively. Bonus: It offers 6x better Android performance than a mobile phone.
With over 20 million users in 200 countries and 20 languages, MeMu is another excellent Android emulator designed specifically for gaming. Based on Android Lollipop, this enhanced emulator works with different platforms such as Windows PC running on Nvidia, Intel, and also with AMD chipset. It allows you to play and run almost all apps and games on your computer.
Among its main features are:
- Effortless control offering excellent mouse and keyboard or game pad support that helps you play mobile games smoothly.
- Simple and easy to use.
- It offers a complete service package for custom Android emulator or app allocation that helps meet business requirements.
- Ability to play multiple games using the same account at the same time or easily play the same game using multiple accounts.
While the best part is that the emulator also supports other versions of Android such as KitKat, Lollipop, and Android Jelly Bean, its only downside is that Android Jellybean is preloaded on it, so you'd have to download extra packages to upgrade to Lollipop.
Remix OS Player is one of those excellent emulators that bring your mobile gaming experience to life on your PC. You can play addicting Android games on a bigger screen, like your TV screen, and have an out-of-this-world experience.
Some of its main features are the ability to map infinite buttons for high-level control, support for the latest updated version of Android, Marshmallow, and the option to play several games at the same time. With high-quality controls and excellent timing, this emulator gives you an edge over its competitors, and all of this, without running out of your data balance or losing your WiFi connection.
Bliss is a free and open source operating system that offers a totally different experience than its competitors. Backed by Android Oreo, it focuses on offering a superior operating system that can run all day, on any device. It helps you save configurations and choices by synchronizing with all major platforms.
From phones or tablets to desktops and laptops, this emulator is truly a joy for your devices on X86. These build types work with computers, MacBooks, and ChromeBooks built with Intel and AMD-based CPUs and Intel, AMD, or Nvidia-based GPUs. Bliss is compatible with BIOS / CSM and UEFI boot.
Among its other main features are, @ farmerbb's Taskbar Launcher which offers a very desktop-like experience along with the orientation app that controls rotation forcing apps. Also includes Octopus (live key mapping solution) for gaming. To keep tabs on their updates and reviews, you can subscribe to their YouTube videos for the latest information.
Price: free and open source
If you are looking for a powerful and reliable Android emulator, Nox is also another great option to help you play Android games on your computer. It is a faster emulator than many of its competitors and as flexible as Bluestack. Based on the leading technology of Android 4.4.2 and 5.1.1 and support for X86 / AMD, it is a fast and reliable emulator you can rely on.
What's more? It also works with games and apps that include new and popular titles. Whether you are a beginner or an expert, Nox has something to offer for everyone. In addition, it offers support for gamepad, keyboard, script recording and multiple situations. It also allows you to use all these functions at the same time.
Among its other features are built-in support for Google Play Store, the option to change the number of CPU cores, FPS or RAM space in the settings, the drag and drop function for APKs on the player so that it can be installed, "simulate touch" Keyboard mapping functionality and so on.
Created by a company in Georgia, Amrican Megatrends, AmiDuOS is another good Android emulator specially designed for Windows PCs. You can experience all the depth, fun and performance of Android on your Windows PC without the need for dual booting.
Some of its main features are:
- It offers a complete Android experience that includes all the features of the latest edition of this widely used mobile phone operating system.
- It is compatible with almost all Android apps available in the Play Store.
- It comes with the Amazon Appstore to get you started.
- It allows you to add your favorite Android apps from the Play Store using the AMIDuOS package installer.
- Also compatible with ARM v7 which helps you to run the most popular ARM applications.
- It provides 3D acceleration support which allows you to enjoy high quality Android gaming experience on Windows system.
- Uses the OpenGL drivers in Windows for better quality frame rates for graphics-intensive games.
- To improve performance, apps run in x86 mode.
- Save energy and extend battery life.
- It also supports Windows hardware key plug-ins and sensors such as, HD cameras, audio, microphone, accelerometer, compass and orientation, etc.
- It offers a full tablet experience with a feature-rich software keyboard and using multitouch and gesture support, for example, Pinch and Zoom.
- Allows navigation of multitouch maps using compass and GPS.
- Offers full hardware keyboard support in desktop mode which includes keyboard shortcuts.
- It allows users to change the screen orientation to portrait mode for apps that need it.
- It offers support for Ethernet and simulated WiFi which allows network access for Android apps.
- It supports file sharing between Windows and Android allowing you to effortlessly share photos, videos and music.
Based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, DRoid4X is a high performance PC emulator that offers a complete Android experience on your system. The best part about this emulator is that it offers that out of this world experience for Android apps on your PC, all for free.
It is a simple utility that allows you to use a wide range of Android apps on your Windows PC. In addition, it also offers superior control over the game and keeps you informed which apps and games are suitable from the Play Store to be controlled with the help of the keyboard and not the controller.
Some of its main features are:
- Overall, it provides a great user experience due to its super performance;
- Offers superior quality graphics, primarily for games;
- It allows you to test any app or play any game;
- It allows you to use the copy / paste function from / to PC and emulator;
- Ability to scroll to zoom using the mouse.
Although it is a regular Android emulator, Windroy is known for its uniqueness. Based on Android 4.0.4, it allows you to run Android in Windows, as if it were any other application on your PC. The functions offered by the software are largely a mix of YouWave and BluStacks. Best of all, it's easy to use.
The current Android version is 4.0.4 which is quick to launch and gives users a basic Android experience, with its setbacks. Since it doesn't have Play Store (Google's app store), you need to download the APK file and place it in the root folder.
There may be a few things missing now, considering it is fairly new software, these concerns should be resolved very soon. Overall, it's a useful and easy-to-use emulator for loading Android apps and games to your Windows PC.
Discovered by Google in 2017, LeapDroid is addicting software that works like an Android emulator. While it allows you to run Android apps on other devices, it also lets you use your favorite apps without worrying about battery life, messy touchpad typing, or processing power. Touch gestures are outlined to the keys on the keyboard, for example, you can swipe left using the left arrow key. In addition, the large PC display makes it easy to check text and images.
Additionally, it allows you to create several emulator profiles at the same time, allowing you to play the same game using two separate accounts. Easy to use and easy to install, it is a reliable Android emulator with all AOSP apps like music, camera, browser and more. It is based on Android KitKat and, if you wish, allows you to download APKs directly from your PC.
While Andy OS may not be as advanced an Android emulator as the others on the list, it's pretty impressive in terms of stability. As far as features are concerned, the software may lag behind other emulators, but as far as its performance is concerned, it definitely earns brownie points.
Some of its main features are:
- Offers smooth synchronization capability between desktops and other devices (tablets, mobile phones);
- Connect Windows or Mac systems with Android apps to launch, send alerts and archive;
- Allows you to download apps from any desktop browser instantly on Andy OS;
- It makes sure that the Android OS is updated frequently;
Plus, turn your phone into a remote control while you play. What's more? You can also use all your communication apps (messaging, messaging, WhatsApp, Hangouts, etc.) from the desktop.
If you are a developer then Genmony is something worth trying. This is one of the Android emulators, especially for those who design Android games on their computers. This cloud-based emulator powers test automation or just runs the Android app on your website.
It provides smooth ADB access, allowing for easy and secure compatibility with the test framework. Plus, get broader virtual device test coverage and accelerate test cycles using endless scaling features. It also controls and automates the lifespan of your devices de facto with the help of API or CLI. Bonus: It allows you to connect Genmony with any CI infrastructure.
Playing games can be addicting, especially if those are high-quality, supercharged Android games. Using these emulators will ensure you play like games on larger screens like your Windows PC for an out of this world experience. So, download one of these Android emulators today and start with a different experience.
You can also see the best iOs emulators for PC.