PDF is still one of the most popular reading formats even after all these years. From reading an e-book or filling out an online form to creating user manuals, the PF format is still the preferred way of reading. Although web browsers already come with basic PDF reading capabilities these days, you would still need to download a PDF reader separately for features like filling out forms, adding annotations, etc.
So while you're downloading a PDF reader for more features, you may feel overwhelmed by the hundreds of them available online for exorbitant price. Therefore, we've curated a list of some of the best PDF readers that offer more than just basic features for free.
Although the search giant has its own PDF reading feature attached to its browser and an exclusive app for those who don't have access to storage, you can view PDFs right in Drive if you have access to it.
The unit is the best place to access PDFs and even archive PDF documents. It allows you to edit any file or spreadsheet in PDF format and also allows you to add PDF documents to the cloud to view them as and when you want. Therefore, the drive is above all the best option for reading or converting documents to PDF.
This is arguably the most popular PDF reader of all time. It helps you to access, read or edit your PDFs anytime and anywhere. Those who use it on a Windows platform get full viewing and editing rights for different types of PDFs and other files.
- It allows you to view, edit, distribute files and add annotations to PDF files.
- You can also export files and arrange them using notes and vibrant lights.
- It allows you to create your PDF file from an MS Office document or a web page.
- It offers a fast and reliable way to access PDF files on different types of devices.
Most importantly, it also works as an audiobook, reading the content aloud for those books that are difficult to read. Compatible with all major platforms, this PDF reader is perfect for anyone who wants to add notes to PDF files on the go.
If you're looking for a simple PDF reader that you want to work with on occasion, then this is it. It helps you to open and view the PDF document without taking up much space on your computer.
- Fast in performance, it is a light and swelling-free application.
- It also allows you to get a printout of your PDF files.
- It comes in a compact size and offers a safe way to view and print PDF files.
Also, it features a clean user interface and is much smaller than Adobe Reader.
This is another great free PDF reader that offers a complete and intuitive experience. It helps you not only to open and read PDF files, but also allows you to create, edit, view and even annotate PDF documents.
- It offers free access to various PDF services.
- It allows you to create PDF files from hundreds of file formats.
- It allows you to convert PDFs to other different file types smoothly and without data loss.
The ability to merge many different selected PDF files into one convenient document or split large PDF files into several smaller documents are among its other main features.
One of the most powerful PDF readers in the category, it helps you create PDFs, view them, add notes, fill out forms and even create digital signatures on them. It is compact software packed with features and fast performance.
- It allows you to open, read and print PDFs effortlessly.
- It allows you to create documents in PDF format and that work with other PDF products.
- It helps you increase flexibility at work and influence results by allowing you to share PDF files and collaborate.
- Protect sensitive data on your documents with various security features.
- It allows you to sign PDF documents with your own handwriting or create a digital signature.
Offering cloud-based services for PDF files with the option to allow or deny access to documents and keep track of who has access to the document and send notifications accordingly and effortlessly implement the application to all The company's desktop are among its other main features.
Price: Free version available.
This is a useful PDF reader that takes over its competitors by allowing you to read, create, edit, annotate and even review PDF documents. This offers more of just basic features for free than other PDF readers.
- It allows you to create PDFs from almost any Windows app and from over 300 file formats.
- It allows you to drag and drop files to create a document on the fly.
- It helps you customize your PDF documents using tools that can change the resulting quality, add your own colors, resize the page, embed fonts, and more.
- It allows you to annotate, respond to feedback, highlight texts and more.
- It allows you to view PDFs, including text, and even collaborate without the need for additional knowledge.
From the option to quickly sign your document right from your desk or from scanning a signature to create your own signature to encrypting your documents for security or the option to share your PDF documents with anyone, anytime, anywhere , offers a wide range of these key features.
Price: free version available; Plans start at $ 159 / user.
It is a compact PDF viewer, reader and editor that is packed with features. This fast performing application offers an easy to use approach. It helps you create PDF documents and even edit them from almost any Windows app, making it extremely flexible.
- It allows you to change parameters like margins, image resolutions, page size and orientation.
- It also allows you to change the default settings and print axes.
- It helps you to convert PDFs in batch.
In addition, it supports multiple languages and other features such as syntactic identification which speeds up the PDF creation and conversion process, offers the ability to customize its applications to suit your needs, comes with advanced OCR plug-ins, and more.
Price: free version available; Plans start at $ 43,50.
This is yet another PDF reader that offers all the basic PDF features without slowing down your system. This lightweight application can also read eBook formats on Windows.
- It allows you to open and read PDF documents effortlessly.
- Offers multiple language options.
- Provides quality zoom and search options.
- Open large files faster and more effectively.
- It comes with a number of hotkeys to make working with PDFs easier.
It's simple but fast and offers additional features like the option to rotate pages, view PDFs in full screen, launch your default email application, automatically attach the PDF to the email, and more.
If you are looking for high quality graphics along with a minimalist approach, this PDF viewing software is just for you. This lightweight tool allows you to view PDF content without actually requiring an advanced PDF reader.
- Portable in nature so it does not need to be installed and can be carried on a portable device.
- No Windows updates with new entries and no unused files left on the hard drive once the application is deleted.
- It offers the ability to save to any computer and run the executable file directly.
- Find and open a PDF using the dialog that opens during initialization.
- It sports a simple interface with a regular window with convenient keyboard shortcuts.
Other key features include a built-in search function to find and highlight the first item it locates, zoom in and out functions, switch to full screen mode, page rotate, and use minimal system resources.
This is a versatile document viewer that allows you to open and read scientific and technical documents as well which include PDF, WWF, DjVu, JBIG2 and more. It can also open many image files such as those in CBR and CBZ formats.
- It sports a user interface that supports multiple languages.
- Help translate the interface to your preferred language by changing strings to XML.
- It comes with an advanced tabbed user interface and all the basic features.
- Allows you to export text from text-based documents.
In addition, a converter also works for files that need to be converted from PDF or DjVu to PNG, GIF, etc., It can also export a complete page or section of a page to an image file, allows you to create your own bookmarks and more.
If your intention is to view PDF files and protect your PDF files from unwanted access, this software may be the right choice for you. This fully unified and encrypted PDF reader is perfect for market research agencies, publishers, educators, government institutions, etc.
- Provides support for internal and external hyperlinks.
- It offers content or navigation trees, a collection of page view types, document text search, and more.
- It allows you to annotate, highlight and even mark.
- Protects the content of encrypted files from being copied and prevents them from being shared.
Moreover, it also allows you to add limitations such as setting permissions for printing, duration of viewing, etc.
Price: free version available; Plans start at $ 199 / year.
This is one of the lightweight PDF readers that convert your files to PDF format and get a print in just a couple of clicks. The best part is that this software loads much faster than the bigger names in the category.
- It allows you to edit current PDF documents.
- Lets you edit outlines, add rubber stamps, and edit any comments added by the PDF reader.
- It helps you to open PDF files, save them, email them as attachments and get a print.
Equipped with a well-known hand cursor, which shows PDF files in an orderly manner, the option to attach files and sticky notes to the comment section, adding comments using text, highlights, stamp, etc., are among its other significant features.
PDF readers are good, but something that slows down your documents can be frustrating. This software makes reading your PDF documents easier and faster making it a great alternative to bigger names.
- It sports a user-friendly interface that is also easy to understand.
- The interface is loaded with command symbols followed by descriptions as you move the mouse over.
- The world's smallest PDF reading software loads faster and easier to read.
- It allows you to open PDF files, read files, view them and even edit files or convert them to other formats like JPG, TIFF, TXT, EPS and more.
- It allows you to zoom in and out, rotate pages, create PDF bookmarks and presentations, can be used as a built-in PDF reader, and more.
In addition, it also allows you to copy text and images from PDF files, in a couple of clicks, view presentations in full screen, let you read in reading mode in low light conditions and in other reading modes such as Citrix mode, night reading mode, etc.
This is another reliable PDF reader on the list that is compact and offers fast performance. From opening and reading files to exporting documents in different formats, it does all the basic work of a good PDF reader. It also allows you to get a printout of the PDF file.
- Lighter on the system which allows for faster loading and is easy to use.
- It offers a drag and drop function that allows you to open several documents quickly and switch between them conveniently.
- It sports a tabbed user interface.
- View PDF files in single page or double page mode, organize pages in a column without interruption, scroll through documents automatically, and more.
- Click on the images of the existing document and save it to the clipboard.
A simple user interface with basic functions and which can be completely customized (allows you to insert or delete different toolbars) is another great feature.
Whether you are looking for a lightweight application with a minimal approach or applications that offer more than basic functionality like the option to highlight or add e-signature, the above list of free PDF readers offers it all for one. complete experience. So, choose the one that suits your needs and improve your reading experience.