With over 1 billion users worldwide, Gmail is arguably the most popular email provider in recent times. While there are other email providers as well, Gmail excels in the way it handles email. Once you start using it, you will know why it is the most preferred form of communication for work or personal use, or even for educational institutions.
The email giant also comes loaded with some unique features like priority mail, automatic filters, mute conversations, and more. However, there is a lot more than you want an email client to do beyond its usual functions. This is wh
en you need an extension or add-on designed specifically for Gmail.
Here is a list of some of the best add-ons for Gmail than for an inbox.
If you are already using this app and your files are saved in the cloud space, there is no need to upload them separately to Gmail. Basically, you can send Dropbox files and even view them in advance from within the email client.
- It allows you to scan files and attach them from cloud storage, helping you share your files in just a few clicks.
- Ability to save downloads in the add-on via Gmail.
- Provides the ability to access all critical files using the "Recent Files" tab or the search utility to search for the file to be sent.
In addition, it also offers the option to add an add-on icon to your Gmail compose that helps you send the links shared by the add-on in the email. This helps you share large files smoothly and makes room for them in your inbox.
This add-on is known for offering a group email environment for teams, allowing them to get a live view of the company's processes in the email. Monitor, manage and associate projects from your inbox, live.
- It helps you seamlessly manage bulk sales or support emails right from Gmail.
- It allows you to turn your inbox into an activity index and track your developments.
- It facilitates the automation of business processes, sends drop marketing messages from Gmail, and keeps potential customers engaged during long sales processes.
- It offers the ability to share new or current Gmail labels, integrate live chats between teams, and insert context into chats via notes.
- Option to convert frequently used emails into templates, get notified when a message is opened, send personalized emails, assign emails to team members, and more.
In addition, it also allows you to track and organize company goals in real time, share emails with team members, and save all related accounts copied to the email.
Price: free version available; The upgrade starts at $ 9 / user / month.
This add-on allows you to take care of the time you want to send your emails or receive them. You can also send requests via email, effortlessly.
- It allows you to schedule the automatic sending of an email already written at a later date or time.
- Keeps your inbox clean by saving emails in the archive section and allows you to access them when needed.
- It notifies you at a set time to check with the customer once the email has been received from him / her.
Best of all, it works with both Android and iOS devices, thus helping you log in or write emails even when you're on the go.
Price: free version available; The upgrade starts at $ 4,99 / month.
This free add-on connects your boards and inbox and keeps it that way for greater efficiency.
- It allows you to create new cards right in your inbox whether on your email, web or mobile app.
- It offers an additional button on your email client UI that automatically adds the email you read earlier to the card.
Plus, it also lets you track sales leads, take care of customer feedback, or organize an event to make sure your Gmail inbox is managed well and that important messages aren't missing.
If you run a small business and need a CRM for Gmail, this app is the best option. It syncs seamlessly with the tools you use, helping you grow your business.
- It helps you to increase the growth and productivity of your business.
- Improve customer service experience and communication.
- It allows you to take care of your contacts and associated activities, suppliers, partners, sales and more.
- Set tasks and goals for projects and receive email reminders for upcoming events and tasks.
Its other key features include the ability to seamlessly integrate with Gmail and other Google apps, the option to view and add Gmail contacts, save emails in the app, and the ability to manage CRM while on the go.
Price: Free plan available for up to 2 users; Plans start at $ 12 / user / month.
If you are looking for an advanced email tracker then this is it. This add-on helps you to view which emails have been opened after sending them.
- Keeps you informed with live push and email alerts when the recipient opens or views the sent email.
- It informs you of the recipient's geolocation, if an action was performed from desktop or mobile device, from which operating system (Windows or IOS) or in what specific order.
- It notifies you of the time spent on each PDF page sent or which attachment was downloaded.
What's more, it also lets you create text shortcuts and use them, create your own domain to keep pixels in check, and offers the ability to add live chat directly to PDF files.
Price: free version available; Premium version priced at $ 6 user / month.
This add-on is perfect for those business meetings where you can't meet people in person. It allows you to organize a video or voice conference with whoever you are sending an email.
- It lets you start a voice or video conference by simply hitting the app button in the sidebar once the email is open, then send an invitation to everyone interested in the thread.
- It offers the possibility to start the meeting immediately or at a later time.
- Easy to use, optimized and offers reliable performance.
From offering solutions for voice or video conferencing, online meetings to video webinars on marketing or facilitating messaging on major platforms, it's an extremely useful tool for any business.
Price: free version available; The Pro version starts at $ 14,99 / month / host.
Providing great customer service can be simple with an add-on like this one. This app helps you manage all the tickets collected from customers and offers a better customer service experience.
- It allows you to help customers as they collect tickets and solve their related questions.
- It allows you to track all tickets in one simplified, unified help desk.
- It offers in-depth reports in real time and allows you to access the dashboard on mobile devices on the go.
Its other main features include increased efficiency and team engagement, the ability to integrate your help desk with other apps, and offer comprehensive all-inclusive information.
Price: free version available; The Pro version starts at $ 29 / month.
Looking for an email? Clearbit greatly simplifies the discovery of emails for any organization by displaying related data for anyone who sends an email.
- It provides the details of the company you are trying to contact as soon as you enter the company name.
- It allows you to search for the best contact and search using name, role or job title.
- It helps you to be informed about your potential clients like their job titles, email ID, location, etc.
Most importantly, you can know everything about your contacts, such as company size, funding sources, etc. Without opening a new tab.
Price: 100 free searches / month / user; Premium version available at $ 6k / year / 1000 searches / month.
As the name suggests, it serves as a to-do list for your email client. It helps you organize your work perfectly and keeps track of all received emails.
- It allows you to stay constantly updated on critical activities.
- It helps you add and organize tasks in the blink of an eye.
- It keeps you informed on deadlines and gives you the full picture on all activities.
- It allows you to prioritize your activities, organize your projects and put the important task of the day in the spotlight.
- It allows you to assign tasks to teams working on projects, notifies you when someone comments and makes all important details available.
Plus, you can also earn points for completing tasks, show your progress (daily and monthly) in colorful graphs, and help you track your achievements on any project.
Price: free version available; Premium version available for $ 3 / month.
This free add-on allows you to view the status of your inbox without opening a new tab or having to log into your Gmail app.
- It alerts you with a normal sound or a human voice which can be configured according to your needs.
- Allows you to customize voice alerts and desktop notifications from the Options tab.
- It allows you to check the messages as read (via the General tab) after previewing them.
- It offers the possibility to select the labels that you want to monitor and the ones that will be automatically opened in the notification panel.
- Allows you to customize the categories of folders you want to be notified about.
Among its other important features are the default guidelines for keyboard shortcuts within the key tabs and the drag and drop option that allows you to extract the downloaded file in the Extension tab or visit its official website.
This is one of the best add-ons to let your email send an invoice and track your earnings and expenses for free.
- It syncs with a grocery app that automatically tracks your earnings details.
- Offers an invoice template app that saves time generating invoices and receipts when used in conjunction with the expense app.
- It allows you to automatically connect to any invoice and income details when you log into the app and once you have been paid.
In addition, it also features a simple and attractive user interface that offers all the important functions for running a small business.
This is a perfect add-on for keeping your emails in check and increasing productivity. From focusing on personalized communication to automating business operations, it blends with the goodness of both worlds.
- It notifies you as soon as the recipient opens your email, of the frequency and what the recipient has read.
- It allows you to save frequently used emails as templates for later use.
- Offers the ability to share your Google calendar via any email.
- Allows recipients to organize one-click meetings.
- Automate tasks using convenient IF / THEN rules and eliminate data entry from your normal process.
Plus, it syncs with all your favorite apps to get more benefits from your sales and get more response rates using surveys, attached videos, etc.
Price: Plans start at $ 9 / user / month.
Using GIFs in your email is no longer a tedious task when you have this popular add-on at your service.
- It allows you to search and browse GIFs for all your email requirements quickly and conveniently.
- It offers the ability to find amazing relevant GIFs and stickers online from the same email composer.
Best of all, you can even add your own GIFs or stickers online to your email with just one click.
Gmail comes with its own set of add-ons and extensions via GSuite Marketplace for Gmail, which is also compatible with the mobile version of Gmail. However, those of you asking for more may find the add-ons listed above really useful. From sales automation to team collaboration or security, take full advantage of all aspects of Gmail. So, choose the add-ons you like and convert your Gmail into a high-performance inbox.