Have you ever experienced the blue screen while working on your system? If not all of us, most of us must have gone through this at one time or another. It is one of the most dreaded system errors that leads your system to crash in the middle of an ongoing session, resulting in partial or total loss of all unsaved files.
Shutdown can occur due to faulty hardware or software, including memory errors, motherboards, etc. However, if the shutdown occurs due to a software error, instead of seeking technical help which could otherwise take a long time, you can simply use dedicated tools to fix the error.
Here is a short list of some of the best tools to help you fix the BSoD error by quickly detecting the software causing the problem.
It is specifically developed to help check and read the small memory dump files that are generated whenever the system suddenly stops working due to the blue screen of death.
- It automatically checks your system and shows details of all crashes and the time it stopped working as small memory dump files in a single table.
- It also displays a wide range of driver and processor details which are perhaps the reason behind the blue screen.
- It also includes other information related to the filename, product, details, and current version.
- It comes with a unique utility that searches online for bugs and drivers to help you fix errors faster.
In addition, it features a clean and simple user interface with minimal configuration choices and also allows you to open certain files from remote systems or just add a file saved in any other folder.
The system crashed suddenly and you want to find the cause? This is exactly what this tool helps you with. It helps you identify the drivers that may have caused the system to crash and display a blue / black screen.
- A simple and intuitive tool that helps you find potential system problems that cause crashes, restarts, or pop-up alerts.
- Scans your system including all drivers.
- Checks for kernel modules which could be a potential cause behind a BSoD or stop error.
- Identify minidump files by informing you of its current state, whether it is active or not.
- It also scans the detected files and analyzes the potential cause.
- It then displays a full view of the scan which includes possible causes, such as a bug or driver malfunction.
- It also offers a lot of advice related to the potential causes of computer crashes.
Among its other main features is a special feature that allows you to purposely lock your system to check if it is set up correctly to create minidump files.
This Windows tool is more of a troubleshooter that takes care of PC issues like crashes, blue / black screen death, slowdown, memory leak, etc.
- Comes with built-in analytics directives dedicated to Internet Information Services (IIS), SharePoint, etc.
- It features an ultimate host analytics mechanism accompanied by an integrated reporting structure. You can use it from .NET.
- Generate crash and freeze reports using built-in .Net 2.0 and superior analytics technology.
In addition, it also offers performance, .NET memory and SharePoint parsing script and built-in heap evaluation mechanism for all major platforms it supports.
This is another free troubleshooting tool from Microsoft that scans the dump files using the command line and then debugs the system to avoid BSoD or any crashes.
- Debugs kernel mode, which is memory wastes created after the system crashed due to the blue screen of death.
- It also fixes crash dumps in user mode.
- Ability to automatically add debug symbol files from a server after comparing different parameters. This helps you save time that you would otherwise spend designing a symbol tree.
When changes are made to a closed symbol server, they can be associated with binary source code. It takes a lot of pressure to fix problems that may have different types of binaries added to the debug target, removing any possibility of detecting and adding certain types of symbols on the debug host.
From a dysfunctional drive of a hardware or 3rd party software interference to hacker attacks, there can be many reasons that can lead to BSoD. While for hardware related problems you need to seek professional help, for software errors, these tools are the best savior. BSoD is really a scary thing to happen to anyone working on important tasks on their system. It can lead to severe data loss and hence many inconveniences. So, give them a try and fix the blue screen error in no time.