Have you noticed that your computer is overheating while playing or browsing, or have you generated that annoying fluttering sound? It is quite common due to the fan speed, which needs to be adjusted to keep the computer cool while working hard.
You can manually change the fan speed (a tedious process) or use dedicated software for the same. The manual process makes things a little difficult as it requires adding a physical fan controller with dials to the computer. You need to rotate the knobs according to the fan speed you want to set.
Therefore, it is a better idea to use dedicated fan speed control software to intensify the fans when the system overheats. It then turns them off automatically when the system returns to normal.
Here are some of the best Windows software to help you adjust your PC fan speed.
This is one of the most suitable tools for Windows to improve and manage its performance. It comes with a pack of powerful and easy to use tools.
- It allows you to set a basic limit for processor performance and additional RAM.
- Provides an overclocking tool to boost clock speed and performance.
- Offers tools to improve CPU and memory performance.
- Check the fan speed to cool the CPU and Northbridge chip duo.
In addition, it also monitors the condition of the computer to check the performance of the system.
This is a well-known hardware diagnostic tool that evaluates and monitors PC sensors and displays all results in the main window. Show details like voltage, clock speed, fan speed, temperature, etc.
- Reliable and easy to use software for PC performance monitoring.
- The extended tree view helps monitor each guideline, such as CPU core temperatures and hard drive temperatures.
- It can include scanned values in the taskbar.
- It allows you to easily connect to a certain IP address or another network.
- It sports an easy-to-use interface that automatically generates graphs for each live session.
Among its other main features, it tracks the parts of the computer that have corresponding sensors, has the ability to read the sensors for the latest CPU cores, and uses minimal resources.
Price: Free trial available; Pricing starts at $ 22,40.
This is another great program and quite a great alternative to the basic Task Manager. Monitor hard drive performance, fan speed and temperature of system parts.
- It solves even the most challenging PC problems.
- It offers much more features and details than the system BIOS.
- Alerts beginners with many warnings of possible dangers while using the program.
In addition, it helps you understand numbers with the help of graphs, tables and counters, and also offers tools to perform a stress analysis and keep track of a specially designed PC.
Fan speed monitoring along with system clock speed, voltage or temperature is a breeze for this free app.
- It supports almost all major inspection chips found in the latest motherboards.
- Check the CPU temperature by interpreting the core temperature sensors of the two processors (Intel and AMD).
- Displays the video card sensors along with the SMART hard drive temperature.
Furthermore, this open-source application can also display the evaluated values in the main window on a configurable desktop device. Alternatively, the details can also be viewed in the system tray.
Price: free and open source.
This is another great piece of software that tests your system's health and temperature, such as CPU, GPU, fan or disk speed.
- Check and show the fan speed of the latest technology based graphics cards.
- It tracks the health of hard drives and alerts you when values become critical.
- Keeps you informed if your hard drive is likely to crash within a day.
- Monitor SMART factors and set reading values in a list.
Among its other main features are, keep track of CPU speed, a responsive layout or graphical display of monitored data.
Price: Free trial available; Priced at $ 19,95.
This fan speed controller manages the annoying sound that the fan generates while running at high speed.
- Open source fan speed control tool that not only helps to control fan noise, but also shows real-time conditions of system temperature and clock speed.
- It displays the temperature of the CPU, GPU and motherboard.
- It allows you to choose between manual mode, smart mode and BIOS mode.
- Ability to choose from seven-speed settings at any time.
Also, the current command is shown in the main window along with full details of the fan speed and system temperature.
Price: open source.
Wondering how to change the fan speed of your notebook? This fan speed control software helps you do it quickly and easily.
- It can be installed smoothly and syncs easily with your system's taskbar.
- It features a small and basic interface.
- It allows you to choose from multiple configurations depending on the make and model of your notebook.
- It comes integrated with responsive controls and some presets along with real-time monitoring of CPU temperature and fan speed over current time.
It is covered in the system tray to avoid interfering with the efficiency of the system and can also be customized to start automatically at system startup. Besides, it also helps you to change the color for the taskbar symbol from the Settings.
You'll get countless performance checks, hardware monitoring, or CPU monitoring software, but when it comes to finding fan speed control software, there aren't many. We have listed many of the best software we could to help you adjust the fan speed and keep your system cool with no noise at all times. So, make your choice and adjust the temperature of your system effortlessly.