It can be frustrating when a downloaded or received file format is not supported by your system. It can be a video file, an image file or a zip file. We may also receive.However, there are several software available nowadays that help you download specific files. These are targeted software, for example, image editors for graphic and photo files, PDF software for PDF files, and more.
However, downloading dedicated file viewing software for each file type can be overwhelming, both for you and for the system. Hence, it would be smarter to download a file viewer that supports as many files as possible. It should be something that can help you view documents, images, media files, and more in one place. Universal file openers are one such software class that supports multiple file types and formats.
Here we will discuss some of the universal file openers that will help you to open almost all types of files easily.
For those looking for free file viewing software for Windows 10, you can try File Viewer Lite. It supports over 150 file types on your Windows system. Once downloaded, you can simply drag and drop the file or folder you want to view on the interface and it will open for you. It can open and read file formats such as PDF, Word documents, Excel sheets and more. to top it off, it can also play audio and video files of different formats.
- Provides support for a wide range of audio and video file formats.
- The information panel displays detailed information about each file including the file size, type and location.
- You can also view hidden metadata saved in the file in the information panel.
- It allows you to copy data (both text and image) from files opened by the software. You can then paste this saved data in Windows into another program.
- It comes in four different types of views such as Native View, Text View, Hex View, and Icon View.
- Includes a File Identifier function that detects unrecognized file types.
If you are looking for a file viewer for Windows 10 that offers support for a wide range of file types (over 350 types), then Free Opener can be a great choice. It can open file formats such as music and video files, Adobe, MS Office and others. This nifty software that doesn't take up much space on your system compared to other similar programs.
- It comes with an intuitive interface with only the File, Edit and Help options in the menu.
- It allows you to browse and view multiple files and view them in a larger pane.
- It allows you to open all types of files including HTML, PDF, AVI or XLS without any problems.
- Clearly list the different supported file types in the Abut section for convenience.
FreeFile Viewer is another great file viewing software that helps you view different file formats. It allows you to view MS documents, text and binary files, audio and music files, PDF documents, videos and image files and Excel sheets.
- Provides support for over 200 file formats.
- It works as an unconventional and simple file viewer that allows you to view PDF files and MS Office documents even in the absence of Adobe Reader or MS Office.
- It includes everything you need, so it just needs to be downloaded and run.
- No hidden costs and no software required.
- You can view formats like DOC, DOCX, PDF, TXT, images like JPG, PNG, GIF, video like FLV, MP4, MPG, audio files like FLAC, MP3, OGG and many more.
As the name suggests, Universal Viewer supports most file types and formats for viewing. It's free software, but it supports rich text, RTF, audio, video, images, binary files, and more. In fact, it also supports different formats for multimedia files and documents, as well as the ability to open large files.
- Interface loaded with editing options and other universal functions.
- It features customization settings that help you create shortcuts, configuration settings to help you find available plugins.
- It helps you to view formats like Hex, Unicode, RTF / UTF-8, RTF, etc. And image formats like BMP, GIF, JPG, PNG, TIFF and others.
- It supports multimedia formats like MP3, WMV, AVI and MPG, etc.
- The option to zoom in and out or expand the viewing window and easy navigation in the navigation panel are some of its other main features.
File Viewer Plus 3 is one such file viewer program that helps you not only view, but also edit and convert more than 300 file formats. While it makes it easier for you to access files or folders in unknown formats, it also saves you a lot of time searching for the right decoder.
- Reads over 300 file types, including multimedia files, documents, and more.
- View raw images and raster graphics with just one click.
- Option to convert folders in batch which helps you to save time and effort.
- It also displays archived files such as zipped and Zipx archives, 7-Zip files, Android packages, and Windows CAB files.
- It comes with an easy to use interface for quick file conversion at the same time.
Price: Free trial available;
Ultra File Opener lives up to its name by providing support for over 500 file types and formats. It works with all known text, image and archive files, while also offering the ability to edit, convert and print them from your PC. Basically, it does everything special software would do, so you don't need to download one separately.
- From JPEG, PNG or TIF to GIF or BMP, it provides support for most widely used photo and image formats.
- It also provides RAW format support for over 150 digital cameras which include brands like Nikon, Sony, Canon, Olympus, and others.
- Save maximum image information stored in photos and images.
- Options to zoom in, zoom out, fit to screen and more.
- Unzip content from a wide variety of compressed file variants like ZIP, GZ, TAR, 7Z, GZIP, etc.
- Ability to open any text-based file format such as text documents, HTML, XML files, settings files, configuration files, etc.
- It offers cut, copy and paste functionality to help you work within text files.
- It allows you to print to home or office printers with a range of options.
- Option to restart or resume partially downloaded files such as .CRDownload, .Partial and .Part files, generated by web browsers to save the contents of those files.
- It also examines the contents of those partially downloaded files that are available.
- It helps you create beautiful prints, effortlessly, using its user-friendly printing feature. Automatically identifies printer settings and offers commonly used print templates.
Price: Priced at $ 54.
Also known as a free online file converter, DocsPal supports most images, videos, documents, archives, ebooks, and more. It comes with a simple interface where you can drag and drop files. You can then convert it to your desired file format by following step 2, and finally get the download link in step 3 to your email address. Alternatively, you can also download and save the converted file directly.
- It is a web-based file viewing program.
- It does not require the installation of any software.
- In addition to uploading files and converting them to the desired format, you can also simply view files in unrecognized formats.
- It supports a wide variety of formats, including JPEG, Open Office documents, PDF, PNG, PSD, and Word files.
Although there are most of the file formats that can be opened by a file viewing software, there are many files that do not include any extensions. This can be a much more complicated situation and that's when you need a program like TrIDNet file identifier. It not only helps you to identify the file extension but also calls up further details related to the file.
- Just download the program and the file type definition individually from the official website. It does not require installation.
- Once unpacking is done, you need to run the program and load all definitions from TrIDDefList.
- Once all loading and analysis operations have been completed, the program is ready for use.
- Browse the files to identify, analyze and once the scan is complete you will see the file format, type and percentage.
- Double clicking on the identified file types will display further details related to each match such as file name, author, email address, comments and more.
These are some of the best viewers for Windows 10 that not only help you view, open, edit and convert most file formats, but also come with additional tools and features. If you can't see any file extension on your Windows system or can't identify the file extension, these programs can be the savior for you. So, simply select one of your choice, download and no more frustration of not being able to view a text document, image file or video.