If you are looking to uninstall a program on your computer but you are not uninstalling it from your device and you are looking for a solution, you are in the right place. In this article we will discuss all available methods to uninstall programs in Windows 10. Therefore, follow these solutions described in this article and the program will be uninstalled from your device in no time.
Method 1: uninstall a program from the Start menu
1. Click Search Box next to windows and type the name of the application or package you want to uninstall.
In the elevated search result, search for the app. The right mouse button in the app and then click "Uninstall".
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process.
Restart computer to complete the uninstall process.
Method-2 Uninstall a program from Settings-
You can uninstall the program from the Settings menu as well.
1. Press Tasto Windows + I open Settings. Now click on "Applications”To open the application settings.
2. In the left pane, click "App and features". Now on the right side of the Settings window at the bottom Apps and features, you will find the list of applications and packages. Scroll down to find the app or click "Search this listAnd write the name of the application. Click on the application you want to uninstall and then click on "Uninstall".
When a message that says "This application and related information will be uninstalled"It will appear, click"Uninstall“To finally start the uninstall process.
3. Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process.
Restart computer to complete the uninstall process on the computer.
Method 3: uninstall programs and program features
This is the simplest yet most effective process to uninstall any program / application / package from your computer. Follow these steps to uninstall the program / package:
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Running. Now type "appwiz.cpl“And hit Pay in. Programs and Features window will open.
2 inch Programs and Features window, in the applications and packages list, scroll down to find the application on your computer. Double click in the application you want to uninstall from your computer.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process.
Please wait, as the uninstall process may take some time depending on the size / type of application.
After uninstalling the program / application, don't forget start again your computer.
Method 4: Use the program installer and uninstaller troubleshooter
If uninstalling the program by the traditional method doesn't work, download and run Troubleshooter program installer and uninstaller which will uninstall the program on your computer.
1. Download the Installer and Uninstaller Troubleshooter. (Click on "Download").
2. Now go to the download location. Double click on "MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta“To run it.
3 inch Installer and Program Uninstaller window, click "next”To run the troubleshooter on your computer.
4. When you are asked "Having trouble installing or uninstalling a program?"On your computer, choose"Uninstall".
5. In the "Select the program you want to uninstall", Select the program from the list of programs and packages, then click"next".
6. Click on 'Yes, try uninstalling”To start the uninstall process on your computer.
Wait a moment while the program uninstalls. When the program is uninstalled, start again computer to complete the process.
Method 5 Use the program's default uninstaller
Each application has a default uninstall application in the installation path. You can use it to completely uninstall the application from your system.
1.If the app has a desktop icon then the right mouse button in the app and click "Open the file path".
Click on the Search box next to the Windows icon and type the name of the application and then in the search result with elevated privileges, the right mouse button in the app and then click "Open file location”To find the location of the file on your computer.
2. In the location of the installed application, try to find "uninstall.exe“(It will be an executable (.exe) application). Double click in the uninstall application to start the uninstall process.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to completely uninstall the application from your computer.
Restart computer to complete the uninstall process.
Method 6 Uninstall the program in safe mode
Uninstalling the program in Safe Mode may work for you. Follow these steps to boot into safe mode, then follow one of the methods to uninstall the program / package from your computer.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Run and then write "msconfig“And hit Pay in. System Configuration window will open.
2. Now go to "StartTab "and check the box"Safe mode"Option, (insured"Minimum"Is selected) and then click"Request"And"all right”To save the changes on your computer.
Close System Configuration window.
Restart your computer and it will reboot into Safe Mode.
After restarting for Safe Mode, follow one of the above methods to uninstall the application on your computer. Your problem should be solved.
Method-7 Delete the Application Registry Key-
If any of the methods mentioned above didn't work for you, deleting the registry key will definitely fix the problem. Follow these steps to uninstall the program:
1. Press Wtasto indows + R have lunch Running. Now type "regedit“And hit Pay in. Registry Editor window will open.
Before continuing with the main process, create a registry backup. You can retrieve the log if something goes wrong.
On the Registry Editor window, click "Proceedings"And then click"Export”To create a backup copy of the registry on your computer and then save it to a location on the disk. If necessary, you can import it to restore the registry.
2 inch Registry Editor window, go to this location-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall
3. You will notice many buttons under 'Uninstall' key folder in the left pane. Now, click on each of the buttons on the left side and then check the box "Display name“Register on the right side of the Registry Editor window. Repeat this step for each key on your computer until you find the correct name of the application (which you want to uninstall).
4. Now, the right mouse button on the problematic application key on the left side and then click on "Delete".
5. Finally, click on "Yup”To remove the key from your computer.
This will uninstall the application from your computer. After uninstalling the app, start again your computer. Your problem should be solved.
Method 8 Use a third-party app uninstaller
If all of these above mentioned methods can't solve your problem, you should try a third party uninstaller app. Follow these steps-
1. Download Geek Uninstaller (free version) or Revo Uninstaller (free version) to your computer.
We will show how to uninstall an application using Geek Uninstaller. The process will be the same for Revo Uninstaller.
2. Go to the download location. Extract the "geek.zip”In a favorable location of your choice.
3. Double click on him "employee”To run the uninstaller on your computer. Click on "Yup“To allow User Account Control.
4. In Geek Uninstaller window, scroll down to find the app, double click in the app to start the uninstall process.
Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the application from your computer.
Restart your computer. After restarting, check if the app is uninstalled or not. Your problem should be solved.