Add clickable links and attachments to Windows 10 Mail app: - Let's say you found an interesting article while browsing the Internet and you want your friend to read it. If you are a Windows 10 user who uses the default mail app and will send the address from the link in the article mentioned above to your friend, you may run into some problems in this case. Simply pasting the address into the body of the email would not work if you are expecting a clickable link in your email. Here, the copied link will be displayed as plain text. Therefore, the recipient cannot directly click on the link you shared with him. Read on to learn how to make links in the Windows 10 Mail app clickable.
- Launch the Mail app by clicking the tile on the Start menu or typing mail in the search box.
- Click on the New Mail menu icon on the left.
- Now a writing area will open on the right side of the Mail application with three tabs at the top, each with their own functionality.
- You will now notice four sub-tabs with only the Attach sub-tab highlighted. You can highlight three other sub-tabs by tapping the body part of the email.
- After tapping the body of the email, you can now see that the three sub-tabs that include link the sub-tab are highlighted.
- Now click on the sub-tab link. A small pop-up window with two text fields will open. One field is labeled as Text to Display and the other is labeled as Talk To.
- Now in the second text field enter the address of the link to the page. For example: https://thegeekpage.com/delete-run-command-history-windows-10/
- Now click Insert to insert the link in your email.
- Now if you don't want to tag the link address with any text, paste the link into the Campaign Display Text.
- A clickable URL will now appear in the body of your email.
You can now send the mail with a clickable link to the intended recipient.