When trying to configure the printer port, you may get a rare error message "An error occurred while configuring the port. “Since the system is unable to configure the port, the error message is displayed. Hardware printer reset or manual printer port configuration may work.
Solution 1: Reset the printer fully
As we have already discussed, a hard reset of the printer will reset the port settings.
1. In the beginning you should change your printer Nel.
2. While the printer is on, simply remove the ink cartridges.
3. Next, switch the printer OFF manually
4. Disconnect the printer cables from the system.
4. So to shut down your computer.
5. Finally, turn off the WiFi router.
Wait a minute.
7. After waiting a minute, turn on the printer.
8. Reinsert the cartridge into the printer.
9. Now is the time to turn on your computer.
10. Finally, all that remains is to turn on the WiFi router.
Check if you are still experiencing the port configuration error.
Solution 2: Manually configure the printer port
If the automatic printer port configuration does not work, follow these simple steps to configure it manually.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R. This will open a terminal run file.
2. To access the printer settings, enter this code and click "ok".
3. As the Tools and Printers window appears, right-click on the problematic printer. Then click on "Printer properties".
4. First, you need to click on "PortsEyelash ".
5. Simply, choose you problematic list printer.
6. Next, click on “Configure port ...".
7. After configuring the port, click "To apply"And then click"ok".
Close the Control Panel window.
Solution 3: change the account type
Sometimes this error can also occur if you try to configure the printing port from a non-administrative account.
1. Open Windows settings by simply pressing Tasto Windows + I.
2. Click on 'Accounts“To access it.
3. When the Account settings are displayed, click "Family and other users".
4. Then you need to click on your non-administrator account.
5. Next, click on “Change account type".
6. When the Change Account Type window appears, click the drop-down menu next to “Account type".
7. Select "CEO".
8. Finally, a simple click on "okAnd the account type will change.
Once this is done, start again your PC to save the changes.
After restarting your PC, this problem should be resolved.
Solution 4: Printer queue empty
Sometimes spooled files in printer settings can cause this problem.
1. Close “Services“In the search box.
2. Next, you need to press Log in to access Utility Services.
3. Scroll through the list of services and double click on him "Print spooler"Service.
4. You need to configure the Print Spooler startup type for "Automatic".
5. To stop the service, you need to click on "Stop".
6. Then click on "To apply"Y"ok“To save the settings.
Now, minimize the Utility Services file.
7. Press Windows Key + R to open the file run window.
8. In the running window, copy paste this position and then press Log in.
9. If you see that a message has appeared, click on "Follow".
10. When the PRINTERS file folder opens, select all files and folders.
11. To empty the folder, press the "To remove'key.
Close the File Browser window.
12. After maximizing the Services window, right click on him "Print spooler"Service then click"Home“To start the service.
Close the Services window.