Some Windows 10 users have difficulty printing PDF files directly from Adobe Acrobat Reader. Now, if you are having the same problem on your end, don't worry. Usually the main reason for this problem is the wrong file format or incompatible printer driver. Follow these fixes to fix this error on your computer. But before we go any further, check out these solutions to try some simpler solutions on your device.
1. Check the printer for any problems (such as hardware failure, connection problems, cartridge movement, etc.). Unplug the printer and plug it back into the computer and try to print something from Adobe Acrobat Reader again.
2. Restart your computer. After reboot, open the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Try to print the document again.
3. Make sure you are using an administrative account when printing. If you are not using one, log in with your administrative account and try printing again.
4. Check if there is Windows update pending. If there are any pending updates, please update your computer. After updating your computer, check if the problem is resolved.
If these workarounds didn't work, try these solutions on your computer.
First, we will discuss the solutions for the printer problem, then we will discuss how to troubleshoot Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Solution to the printer problem -
Fix-1 Updates the printer driver
If you get an error when trying to print something with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC it could happen due to an old / incompatible driver. You can update the printer driver by following these steps:
1. Press Tasto Windows + R open Run. Now type "devmgmt.msc“And hit Pay in. Device Administrator utility will open.
2. In the Device Administrator window, search for "Print queues“, Expand it.
3. Now, in the device drop-down menu, the right mouse button on the printer device and click "Update Driver".
3. When requested, "How do you want to find the drivers?", Choose option"Automatically searches for updated driver software".
Wait for Windows to find, download, and install the compatible driver for the printer driver. After, start again your computer.
Check if your problem is solved. If the problem persists, look for the next solution.
Fix-2 Set printer device as default
This problem on your computer could be due to the fact that the printing device you are using is not set as the default printing device on your computer. To set your printing device as the default printing device on your computer, simply follow these steps.
1. Digita “Printers and scanners“In the search box next to the Windows icon.
2. Click on 'Printers and scanners".
3. Now, on the right side of the Settings window, you will see the list of printers and scanners. Deselect the box next to "Let Windows manage my default printer"option.
4. Now, from the list of printers click on the printer you are using.
5. Once done, click on “riding school".
Restart your computer and after restarting your computer, open the file with Adobe Acrobat Reader on your computer.
Try to print it again and check if you still have the problem or not
Fix-3 Reinstall the printer drivers-
Removing the problem printer from your computer and adding it again may fix the problem.
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Run and write "control printers“And hit Pay in.
Device and Printers window will open.
2. Now, in the list of printers, right-click on the problematic printer. Then click on "Remove the device". This printer device will be removed from the computer.
3. Now click on "Yup”To confirm the removal of the device.
Close the Tools and Printers window. Restart your computer.
4. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Run and write "control printers“And hit Pay in. Device and Printers window will open.
5. Now, in the Tools and Printers window, click on "Add a printer".
6. Windows should automatically detect the printer. Click on "Next".
7. Now, check the box "Set as Default Printer"And then click"To finish".
Try printing the document from Adobe Acrobat Reader. Now check if you have the same problem with the printer driver on your computer. Your problem should be solved.
Fix-4 Restart the print spooler service-
1. On the keyboard, press “Windows Key + R”.
2. Then, copy paste run this command and press Pay in enter Services window.
3. In the Services window, look for the "Print spooler”Service in the service list.
Four. The right mouse button on him "Print spooler"Service and clicks"Take up again“This will restart the Print Spooler Service.
Close the Services window. Restart your computer.
After restarting, open the document with Adobe Acrobat Reader. Try to print again. Check if you are still facing the above error.
Fix-5 Clear Print Queue-
1. Press'Tasto Windows + R'to open access to the Running Terminal.
2. Here, type "servizi.msc "and then click"all right“To open the Services window.
3. In the Services window, look for the "Print spooler”Service in the service list.
4. The right mouse button on him "Print spooler"Service and clicks"To stop“To Stop the Print Spooler Service.
Minimize Window Services.
5. Press Windows key + E to open the File Navigator window.
6. Go to this location
C: Windows System32 spool STAMPANTI
[Change “C:” with the drive letter of your Windows installation directory]
If you are denied access with a message "You currently do not have permission to access this folder"Just click"Continue".
7. Delete all files from the "PRINTERSFile “.
Maximize the Services window.
8. Now, in the list of services, find "Print spooler"Service.
9. Right click on him "Print spooler"And then click"Begin“To start the Print Spooler Service.
Restart your computer.
Check if you are facing the same problem again in the end or not.
Solutions for Adobe Acrobat Reader problem -
Try these solutions to fix Adobe Acrobat Player issue.
Fix-1 Print pdf file as image-
1. Open the pdf file with Adobe Acrobat Reader.
2. Now press Ctrl + P to start the print process.
3. Now, in the Print window, click on "Advanced" on the top. Advanced Print Settings window will open.
4. In the Advanced Print Settings window, select the option "Print as an image"And then click"all right".
5. In the Print window, click "Print”To finally start the printing process.
You should be able to print the document without further errors.
Fix-2 Check for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Updates-
You are having this problem it could be due to the fact that you need to perform a fundamental update for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
1. Open the Adobe Acrobat Reader by double-clicking the Adobe Acrobat Reader icon on the desktop or in the Start menu.
2. In the Adobe Acrobat Player window, click "Help"And then click"Check for updates ...".
3. In the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Updater window, you will notice that the update process is checking for an update.
The latest version of Adobe Reader DC will be downloaded. Update Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
After the update, open the document with Adobe Reader DC again. You should be able to print the document again.
Fix-3 Save the pdf with a new name-
Saving the pdf file with another name may solve the problem.
1. Open the pdf file in Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Now press Ctrl + Maiusc + S. Save as window will open.
2. Now go to a favorable location of your choice to save the file. Save the file with a new name. Click on "Save”To save the file. Close Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
3. Go to the location where you just saved the new file. Open the pdf file with Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Now try to print this new file. You should be able to print the file without errors.
Fix-4 Reinstall Adobe Acrobat Reader-
Some bugs in Adobe Reader may cause this error on your part, so reinstalling it will remove any kind of software error.
1. Press the key Windows key and start typing "Programs and features".
2. Then click on "Programs and features“In the search result.
2 inch Programs and Features window, scroll down to find "Adobe Acrobat reader”In the list of installed applications.
3. In the dialog box, click "Yup"To confirm the uninstallation of"Adobe Acrobat Reader DC".
Please wait a moment as the uninstall process may take some time.
4. Next, download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC from the official website.
5. Install the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC on your device.
Now open the file to print it inside Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. You should be able to do this with no more errors.
Do a complete power cycle for your printer
1. Restart your computer. Now disconnect the printer from the computer. Turn off the printer from the electrical unit and unplug the power cord from the printer.
2. Press the power button on the printer for 10 seconds.
3. Now connect the printer to the computer and turn on the computer IN. Once your computer has restarted, turn on the printer IN.
Now try to print the document from Adobe Acrobat Reader.