How to change the default font in Windows 10: - Windows 10 has provided control settings for almost every feature it has. But to everyone's surprise, it hasn't provided its users with a direct cutting method to change its default font, which is Segoe UI. Some users have been using Windows XP for so long that they find it extremely difficult to adapt to the new Segoe UI default font. They don't find it at the level of the old Tahoma fountain that everyone loved. If you are one of us, you may have visited your Control Panel hoping to find a way out. But of course, like me, you may not have found anything. This is because there is no built-in option to change these settings. So what's the solution? Well, you can always trust the Registry Editor in such difficult situations. Since editing the registry is complicated, I suggest you create a system restore point before trying the following steps. You can read our article on the topic How to Create a Restore Point in Windows 10 with Pictures to get an idea of how to do it. So what are you waiting for? Dive into the article to fix your little Windows 10 default font problem.
Read also: How to download and install new fonts in Windows 10
- First, you need to download the ChangeFont.zip file. You can get it from this direct link. Once downloaded, you will have a zip folder like the one shown in the screenshot below in the download location.
- You have to extract the content by right clicking on it. Once this is done, you will have a folder called ChangeFont.
- Double-click Change Folder Font to open it. You will now have a file called ChangeFont.reg. This is the log file with which you will change your default font in Tahoma. Double-click ChangeFont.reg procedures.
- A new window called Registry Editor opens. It asks if you are sure to continue or not. Just click the Yes button. That is. You have successfully changed the Segoe UI default font for Tahoma. Simply reboot your system for the changes to take over.
- Now if you want another font instead of Tahoma, you can always edit the log file. For that, right-click the ChangeFont.reg file and select To open with. Choose Pad from the program list to open its log file.
- once the ChangeFont.reg file opens in Pad, you need to find an entry that says “Segoe UI” = “Tahoma”. Here you can change Tahoma to any font you want. You can change it to Verdana or any other source of your choice. Once you are done with the editing part, don't forget to press the CTRL + S keys to save your changes. Now you can simply double-click the ChangeFont.reg file as before to change the default font to the font of your choice. At the confirmation prompt, don't forget to click the yes button.
Try changing the default font today. Hope you found the article useful.