Can't clear the timeline activity on your Windows 10 computer? If you really can't clear the timeline history on your computer, you don't need to worry. This problem is related to a corrupted activity cache on your computer, deleting it will solve your problem. So, just follow these simple steps and the problem will be solved in the blink of an eye.
Fix- Delete ActivityCache File-
Deleting the ActivityCache file from your computer will fix this problem.
But first you have to stop a particular service.
1. At first, you need to type "Services".
2. Then, a simple push on enter key.
The Services window will open.
3. Double click over it "Connected devices platform service".
4. In the Properties window, click "To stop".
5. Now, press Tasto Windows + R again to open the Run window.
6. Digita “appdata"And then click"ok“To open the Appdata folder on your computer.
7. In the Appdata folder, go this way-
Local > ConnectedDevicesPlatform
9. In ConnectedDevicesPlatform, there will be a single folder. Double click on it to access it.
(Note- The folder name may vary from computer to computer.)
10 Right click on the "ActivitiesCache"File and then click"Delete“To delete the file from your computer.
*Near File Explorer window.
Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
After the reboot you will be able to clean the timeline on your system without any problems.
Some users may receive another warning message "File in use“Trying to delete the” ActivityCache'file as an additional service must be stopped before deleting the file.
Follow these steps meticulously to do it-
1. Click Search Box and then type "Services".
2. Now, click on “Services".
3. Now, search for "Connected devices platform service".
4. Right click on the service and then click on "To stop".
Near Window Services.
5. Now try to eliminate the "ActivitiesCache“From your computer again. (Follow steps 5 to 10 of the fix).
Restart your computer.
After rebooting, your problem will be solved.