Some Windows 10 users complain about a problem they face when they try to update their Windows 10 computer. According to these users, they get an error message that says “Windows 10 update error 0xc1900104”On the Windows update page. To fix the problem, follow these simple solutions on your computer.
Fix-1 Try the Windows Update Troubleshooter-
Windows Update Troubleshooter is a built-in tool for analyzing various problems with Windows Update and fixing them.
1. Click the Windows icon, then click the gear icon to open Settings.
2. Now click on "Update and security".
3. Click on "Solve problems".
4. Next, click on “Additional troubleshooting tools".
5. Now, in the right pane of the window settings file, scroll down and click on “Windows update".
6. Then what you need to do is click on "Run the troubleshooter".
The troubleshooting process will look for problems associated with Windows update processes.
When the troubleshooting process is complete, close the troubleshooting window.
Try updating your device again. Check if it works.
Fix-2 Update your system with MCT-
You can create a Medial Creation (MCT) window too to update Windows 10. To do so, follow these simple steps.
1. At first, you should visit the Microsoft Software Downloads page.
2. Scroll down and click "Download the tool now".
3. Choose a suitable location to download the package.
4. Click on 'Save“To save the package.
3. Just open the location in the File Browser window.
4. Hence, double click in "MediaCreationTool2004".
5. Now click on "To accept".
6. To update your computer, click the radio button next to "Update this PC now".
7. Next, click on “The next“To start the update process.
MCT will detect the update package for your computer. Let me download and install the package on your computer.
Restart your computer to complete the installation process.
Fix-3 Rename folder SoftwareDistribution-
Renaming the Software Distribution folder on your computer will solve this problem for sure. Follow these steps carefully:
1. Write "cmd“In the search box.
2. To access the System Symbol file, press "Ctrl + Shift + Enter“To open the CMD file as an administrator.
3. For the first step of this 3-step process, you will first need to block some services. To run these simple codes, generally each of them in CMD and then press Log in.
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver
4. Run this single command to change the name of the existing Binder Software Distribution. This will create a new SoftwareDistribution folder instead of the old one.
ren C: WindowsSoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
5. After changing the folder name, you will need to reset the blocked services. To do this, run these 4 commands in the terminal.
net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
Once all the commands are running on your computer, close the System Symbol window.
Restart the computer and after restarting the computer checks for updates once again.