You are seeing "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes“Error message on your Windows 10 computer? If you see this error it means Windows Update the service is not running on your computer. This problem can occur due to a number of causes but in most cases it is corruption in the SoftwareDistribution folder. To fix the problem, follow these simple steps:
Fix: 1 Troubleshoot Windows Update
1. At first, click on the Windows icon.
Next, you need to click on the gear icon to open Settings.
2. Then click on “Update and security“To access it.
3. Now, click on the button "Troubleshoot".
4. Then, on the right side, you need to click on "Additional troubleshooting tools“To check out the advanced options.
5. Now, in the right pane of the window settings file, scroll down and click "Windows update".
6. Now, click on “Run the troubleshooter“To start the troubleshooting process.
7. Next, you need to click on "The next“In the troubleshooting window.
8. Click on "The next".
When the troubleshooting process is complete, close the troubleshooting window.
Fix-2 Select selective startup-
A selective startup of the device could solve this problem.
1. At first, press Windows key + S and search for "System configuration".
2. Then click on “System configuration".
3. At first, you have to go to the "General"Form.
4. Then select the option "Selective start".
5. After that, check the option "Load System Services.
6. Next, click on "Services"Form.
7. Come on, check the "Hide all Microsoft services”Option.
8. Finally, check the "Disable everything“Option in the lower left corner.
8. Then click on “To apply"And"ok".
Restart the computer will start without third party software.
Fix-3 Run a batch file to restore WU services-
Running a batch file will reset the Windows Update service on your computer.
1. At first, download the Windows 10 Wureset.
2. Open the File Explorer file.
3. Hence, extract the zip file to your computer.
4. Then you need to go to the location where you extracted the file.
5. Double click on the "Wureset Windows 10" folder.
7. Now, right click on the "Wureset windows 10"Batch file and then click"Run as administrator".
You will now see a Command Prompt window open and some commands are already running.
When you see "Activity completed successfully! Restart your computer and check again for updates.“Statement in the CMD window, close Command Prompt.
Restart your computer.
After restarting your computer, check for updates from settings.
Fix-4 Disable startup items-
Disabling unnecessary startup items could fix this problem.
1. To open the Task Manager file, print Ctrl + Shift + Enter together. In the Task Manager, go to the "To boot"Form.
2. Now, right click on any unnecessary startup items and then click "deactivate“To disable it.
Now, repeat the same feat for all unnecessary startup items in the File Task Manager window to disable all those.
After disabling all unnecessary tasks, close the Task Manager window.