Fixed: "This editor cannot run software on your machine" in Windows 10: - The This editor cannot run software on your machine the error is a very common error encountered by most Windows users when trying to install a new application. This problem can be solved with the help of two simple solutions. One is to install the locked app via Symbol of the system and another is to unlock the software publisher stuck in the file Internet options. Dive into the article to learn how to efficiently deal with This editor cannot run software on your machine error in Windows.
Solution 1: Install the app via command prompt
- Let's say the application installation file that provides the extension This editor cannot run software on your machine the error is in the file me drive as shown in the following screenshot. To be precise, you are on the way: E: Configuration file aida64extreme280.exe. Now follow the steps below to install this application via Symbol of the system.
- Open the Symbol of the system in administrator mode. For this, start writing cmd in the Windows search box. When the Symbol of the system appears in the search results, right click on it and choose Run as administrator option.
- Next, you need to navigate to the location of the configuration file that is being locked.
For this, simply type the directory name followed by : and hit Log in key.
For example, in my case my configuration file is in the E: directory, so I wrote ME: and pressed Log in.
- Now Write dir and hit enter.
This will list all the files in the E: directory.
Let's say my software is saved in a folder called Configure files, then to navigate to the position we will type cd Configura i file.
- In the screenshot below, I switched to E: Configuration file aida64extreme280.exe. Refer to the steps after the screenshot for a detailed explanation.
Now, hit the Enter key and the installation will continue.
- 1. ME: change the current working directory to drive E.
- 2. dir The command lists all files and folders in the current working directory.
- 3. Find the folder where the installation file is located. In our case, it would be Configura i file.
- 4. Now change the directory to that folder. For that, use CD I send.
- 5. Then type or copy and paste the configuration file name and press the Enter key.
- Here it is! Now the installation settings will open without any problem.
Solution 2: Unlock the editor in Internet Options
- Open Control Panel. For this, press WIN + R keys together. When the run the dialog box appears, type control panel and press the Enter key.
- Then click on the file Network and internet option.
- The next step is to click on the file Internet options.
- This will open a new window with the name Internet options. Click on Satisfy tab and then on the file Certificates as shown in the screenshot below.
- This will open a new window called Certificates. Use the small arrow on the right side to scroll to the far right. Then click on the tab next to the name Untrusted publishers. Here you can see all blocked editors. Find the publisher you want to unblock and click on it. Then click To remove button. You can find the publisher name of your blocked application in the error window.
Hope you found the article useful. If you have any questions about any of the steps, please feel free to leave comments. We would be happy to help you. Stay tuned for more tips, tricks and tips.