How to allow other users on your PC to run programs and software with administrator privileges without sharing the administrator password with them: - So your computer is shared by many of your friends and maybe your siblings. You can always choose to create multiple user accounts and assign one to each, with limited functionality. But you sure don't want to share your admin password with any of them. The question arises spontaneously! What if you want to allow them to use one of the programs that can only be accessed by the administrator account? Well, there is a solution. What if I said that you can allow other user accounts to use the programs you give them permission to access, without having to give them your administrator password? Sounds good? Well, then read on. Here I am using a free tool called RunesTool to allow other users to run a program as an administrator without knowing the password.
Read also: - How to block user programs with askadmin windows 10
- From the link above, you can get the compressed file for the application. Extract the compressed file to a location where it can be accessed by all user accounts.
- Now open the location and run the Run as tool file by double clicking on its icon. No installation is required as it is a portable application.
- When prompted for Password Management, type it and press Apply.
- This will open the window for Run as required tool.
- You can now add files that can be accessed by any user account without an administrator password. For that, click the Archive button and then click Add File as shown in the following screenshot.
- Choose the program executable file by browsing the application list. Click OK once you're done.
- Here I have chosen the executable file of a data recovery software. You can change the settings preferences of the added file by highlighting it with a single click.
- Alternatively, you can drag and drop an executable file to add it to the list.
- Again, you have the option to change your configuration preferences once a file is added.
- If a non-administrator user wants to access a file, they must first launch the Run as program tool file and then double-click the file icon to launch it without the administrator password.
- Only the administrator has the privilege to modify the list of programs added to the Run as Utility Tool file. For this, run the Run as utility tool in administrator mode by right-clicking on it.
- Now click Archive button and then click Enter Edit Mode.
- Once prompted, enter the admin password and hit Apply.
- Now you can easily remove a program from the list by right clicking on it and then clicking Get rid of option. Alternatively, you can select a program and press Delete to remove it from the list.
- If you want to clear all stored data from Run as utility tool, just click Clear Data and Exit Archive option and click on it.
- When prompted to confirm, press yes.
You are ready. Now your friends or siblings can easily run a program that can be accessed using only the administrator account, without even knowing the administrator password. Try this simple trick today. Hope you found the article useful.