How to automatically forward emails in Gmail. Whether you need to forward selected emails to another address or resend all emails to another inbox, Gmail has simple ways to automate the process.
How to automatically forward emails in Gmail
- Go to your Gmail settings and open the tab .
- At the top of the page under the subtitle Forwarding, click your Add a forwarding address .
- In the window that opens, enter the email address you want to forward emails to. (You can only enter one email address at a time) and click NEXT .
- Your contact will receive an email with a link they need to click to grant permission to send them emails.
Now it's time to set up the filter to automatically forward emails:
- Go to your Gmail settings and open the tab.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Create a new filter .
- Enter the criteria for the emails you want to forward. If you want to forward all your emails, enter your email address in the To field and click Create filter.
- Select Forward to : and from the drop-down menu, select the address to which you want to forward the emails and click Create filter.
To stop forwarding emails, go back to Settings > Filters and blocked addresses and click delete next to the rule you want to delete.