How to completely block Microsoft Edge in Windows 10: - When Microsoft released Windows 10, Microsoft Edge replaced Internet Explorer, which was the default browser in previous versions of Windows. Since it is developed by Microsoft, they force users to use Edge by default. Cortana, the personal assistant uses Edge as the default browser to search for things online. But browsers like Chrome and Firefox have a huge fan community thanks to the advanced features provided in those browsers. Furthermore, the exemplary user experience of these browsers attracts users to them. Many users want to get rid of Edge or want to block it altogether. We can change the default browser from the settings. But after each Windows update, the settings are reset and once again Edge becomes the default browser. In this situation, we can use a lightweight but efficient application called Edge Lock. Read on to learn a block Microsoft Edge in Windows 10.
Read also: How to change the default search engine from Bing to Google in Windows 10
- As a precautionary measure, make a backup before blocking the Edge browser. It will be useful in case of problems.
- Now launch settings from the search box.
- Click on System settings.
- Click on Default Apps and from Web Browser Select any browser you want to set as default.
- After choosing your default browser Download Edge Lock from the official Sordum website. A zip file will be downloaded to your system. Extract the zip and double click Edgeblock.exe.
- FOR User Access Control The authorization window will appear. Click Yes. Edge Block will now open.
- Click on Block to block the Edge browser. If it is. You have now successfully blocked the Edge browser.
- If you want to unblock Edge browser, please click the Clear button.
So, you have now learned how to lock Edge browser in Windows 10 with a simple tool called Edge Lock. This application is easy to use and lightweight. Also, at any time, you can easily unlock Edge browser.