If you're thinking about changing the administrative status of an account but don't know how to do it, you've come to the right place. In this article, we will discuss the process after which you can add / delete an administrative account on your computer or how to change the status of an existing one.
To add or change the status of an existing administrative account, you need to follow these 3 main steps:
for. Add a new local user account.
second. Set up the new account as an administrator account.
C. Remove administrative rights from the old account.
We will describe all these important procedures step by step:
Step 1: Add a new local user account
To create a new local user account standard file, follow these steps:
1. Press Tasto Windows + I Open the settings window on your computer, click on "Accounts".
2 inch settings window, click "Family and other users"On the left side and then on the right side of the settings window, click"Add a family member”Under 'Your family' to initiate the creation of an account on your computer.*
* NOTE- If you want to add an account for someone outside of your family, scroll down in the same window and click "Add someone else to this team”Under 'Other users'.
3. Now select "Add a Adult"As an account type, enter an email address and click"The next“To start the account creation process.
Now follow the onscreen instructions to complete the account creation process.
Step 2 Configure this account as an administrator
After creating the new account, you need to set up this account as an administrator on your computer.
1. Click the search box next to the Windows icon and type “Control Panel"And then click"Control Panell “in the search results window at the top.
2. In the upper right part of the Control Panel window, click the drop down menu and click to select "Category". Now click on "Change account type”Under 'User Accounts' to change the account status.
3. In the Administration Account you will see both the old and the new account. Click on the new account.
[NOTES– For our computer, “sambit koley” is the new account and the “Sambit_Main” account is the old account”].
4. Now click on "Change account type“On the left side of the Change an account window.
5. In the next window, click on “CEO“To set up this account as the administrator of this computer.
6. Finally, click on "Change account type“To complete the process on your computer.
Close Control Panel Window.
The new account is a new administrator on your computer.
Step 3 Remove administrative rights from the old account.
In the last step, we will remove the administrative rights from the old account on your computer.
1. Press Windows key and R together they will open the Run terminal.
2. Here you have to type "control"And then click"ok“To open the Control Panel.
3. When the Control Panel window opens, click on the drop-down menu in the upper right and click to select “Category".
4. Then click on "Change account type”Under 'User Accounts' to change the account status.
5. In the next window, click on the old account to change its status.
6. Now you need to click on "Change account type“On the left side of the Change an account window.
7. In the old account, click on “Standard“To set up the account as a standard computer user.
8. Now click on "Change account type“To save the changes on your computer.
Close Control Panel Window.
This way, you can add / delete an administrative account on your computer or you can change the status of an existing account.