If you want to create a Gmail account for yourself or another person, here's everything you need to know.
Setting up a new Gmail account is relatively simple - whether you're creating one for yourself or for another person. If you're starting Gmail for the first time, simply setting up a new Gmail address or creating the account for someone else, the process is similar.
Here's everything you need to know about how to create a new Gmail account for others or for yourself.
How to set up a new Gmail account
- To set up a new Gmail account, you will need to and select Create an account .
- If you are already logged into a Gmail account, you will need to select the icon in the top right and choose Add another account in the drop-down menu. This will take you to a page where you can start adding details for your new account.
- You then need to add the details for the fields for First Name, Last Name, Username and Password. It is important to note that the username will appear in the new Gmail email address as For username, you can use letters, numbers and periods.
- After entering the necessary details, click Next
- On the next page, Google will then ask you to verify your phone number. Enter your number and click Next. You will receive a verification code which you will need to enter.
- Once verified, you will see a page that says "Welcome to Google" with your new Gmail account. Here you can choose whether to keep your phone number linked to your account and if you want to add a recovery email address.
- You will need to enter your date of birth and gender field to proceed. After that, select Next.
This will take you to your new Gmail inbox, which you can customize and adjust to your preferences.
How to create a Gmail account for someone else
If you want to create a new Gmail account for others, such as a relative, the process is the same. However, there are some important things to consider during the installation process.
First, make sure you don't add the account as an additional address to your existing Google account. Log out of Google or use your browser in incognito mode to start a new account for the other person.
When entering details for the other person's account, be sure to enter the details of the person the account is for, rather than yours. Also, make sure the username reflects that person's desired username.
When verifying your account over the phone, make sure the person sends you the verification code so you can complete the setup for them. You can also use your own number for the verification phase and remove it from your account later.
You'll also need to provide them with the login username and password for their account so they can log in.
If they have an existing email account on another platform, set it as the recovery email for the Gmail account. This allows them to reset the password after you hand over the account, as well as recover the password if they forget it.