Create a hidden user account in Windows - With the overwhelming advancements in the functionality of the Windows 10 operating system, it has become more important to turn our attention to security. All of our private data must be protected in one place. One of the main features of Windows is its ability to provide multiple user accounts. This allows each person operating on the same system to manage and control their personal data. But let's assume you don't want your private account to be shown to anyone else. Let's say you have entered into your system some financial information about you or any secret result of an investigation you are currently conducting. I'd rather be fine, if you have an invisible account where you store this data.
Here I will talk about a trick with which you can create an anonymous account on your operating system. It is very easy to create one and you can keep administrative rights for it. So, let's move on to the steps to follow to create an account that won't be shown to everyone.
Creating a hidden user account requires the use of a notepad. With this feature, you can provide your desired username and password, which only you can access.
Read also: How to create a locked user profile in Chrome for private browsing
STEPS TO CREATE A HIDDEN USER ACCOUNT IN WINDOWS 10
- First, open the path on your system by searching for it in the search bar at the bottom left of the desktop.
- Once notepad is open, you will need to type the following commands into it.
@ Echo off
hidden password of network user abc / add
Myname Network Local Group Administrators / add /
Replace a BC in the command above with the password you want to enable for your username. Substitute My name at your command with a name you would like to have for your account.
- Once you are done with the previous step, save the notepad file with the name hidden bat Choose a safe location to save it. I chose my OneDrive folder to save the file.
- Now, right click on the notepad file from the location where you saved it. In the list of options that will appear, you will have to choose Run as administrator.
- You will see that Command Prompt opens. There, to complete the final user account creation process, you need to type the command network user and press the Pay key.
Well, that's it. Now a new account is created with all administrative rights to keep your information private. I hope this article was helpful to you.