Windows 10, released by Microsoft, proved to be the best operating system of all time. But there are some features that have been added recently. With the growing number of apps in the Windows Store serving our purposes digitally, the easiest way for audiences to get to know them is through advertising. Our Windows 10 is also capable of doing the same. You might have noticed some advertisements about different apps appearing on the lock screen. This may not appeal to everyone. While you may not have chosen it anywhere, it appears automatically. The main reason behind these ads is the Spotlight feature enabled on your PC.
Windows Reflector is the function that allows you to select your PC's lock screen. In addition, it can automatically rotate among Microsoft preselected images to appear on the lock screen. Recently, it involved images showing ads for applications provided by Microsoft from the Windows Store. It is added to the preset image series.
Here, I'll show you the steps you need to take to disable promoted ads on your lock screen. This requires searching for the Spotlight function first.
See also: How to disable personalized ads in Windows 10
- Open the settings application by searching for it in the search bar. It appears at the bottom left of the desktop.
- In the new window that opens, you will find the option Customization displayed at the top of the tab. Click on.
- Towards the left panel, you will find several options. Click on the option Screen lock. On the right you will find the option background. It will be configured for Windows in the foreground. You can change the option to Photography o Company introduction choosing from the drop-down menu.
- An alternative method is to turn on Spotlight and prevent ads from appearing on the lock screen. For this, scroll down the page you are currently on.
- You will find an option Get fun facts, tips, tricks and more right on the lock screen. It will be enabled by default. Slide it left to turn it off.
- Open the lock screen again after putting your PC or laptop to sleep. From now on, none of the app ads will be displayed.
Try it to feel the change!