How to disable / enable push notifications in Google Chrome: - Push notifications are the messages that an application displays to the user in case of new events, so that the user does not have to open the application to see the new event. Push notifications are useful in most cases. But the most important word. Push notifications can also become the biggest annoyance ever. A push notification would look like this:
Websites ask us if we can show push notifications. We often end up clicking allow since we don't normally read the full context of a message being shown to us. A warning dialog will look a bit like the following screenshot.
But don't worry yet, you can always change your push notification settings from your browser settings with just a few steps. Read on to learn how to hack this simple trick.
Read also:- How to receive whatsapp notifications in Chrome
- First, launch Google Chrome by double clicking on its icon. Now, when Chrome starts, look for the Chrome Menu file, which is located in the upper right corner of the window.
- Click on the Chrome Menu icon to expand it. Now from the list of options, click on option settings as shown in the screenshot.
- This will result in opening a new window called settings.
- In the search bar at the top, type notifications. As a result, you will see a button called Context Settings. Click on it to proceed to the next step.
- This will result in opening a new window called Context Settings. Now scroll down to find a section called Notifications. As you can see now, you have the option to set your preferences on the push notification screen. If you agree with one of the sites that show you push notifications, you can select the radio button corresponding to Allow all sites to show notifications. The recommended option is Ask when a site wants to show notifications. If you want this option, select the corresponding radio button. Or, if you don't want any of the sites to show you push notifications, you can always choose that option. Please refer to the following screen if you have any questions.
How to change existing notification settings
- Proceed exactly as before. Now click on the button called Manage exceptions. Here you can edit existing notifications with just one click.
- Click the site where you want to change the notification settings. Choose Allow or Block from the drop down menu based on your preferred choice. Repeat the same for other sites as well. Once you're ready, click the Done button on the background.
That is. You are now ready to determine whether or not to allow a site to show you its notifications. Try the steps today. Hope you found the article useful.