How to Enable or Disable CD Burning Feature in Windows 10: - Let's say you are the IT administrator of a school and you don't want children to bring CDs or DVDs to copy game settings from the school's computer systems. I would definitely be happy if you could disable the CD / DVD burning feature in Windows, right? There is definitely a quick fix for this little problem. Since the trick involves modifying registry entries, it is highly recommended that you create a system restore point before proceeding with the next steps. You can refer to our article on the topic How to create a restore point. So what are you waiting for? Let's get started, okay?
Note: If you have third-party CD burning software installed on your system, this trick may not work.
Solution 1: Make changes to the registry editor
- print Win + R keys together to open the file run the dialog box. When you do, write regedit and press the Enter key.
- Name the newly created DWORD value No CDBurning.
- Double click on the file No CDBurning DWORD value to modify the value data. To disable the CD writing function, set this value 1 and hit ok button. That is. Restart the system for the changes to take over. If you want to enable the CD burning function, simply remove the file No CDBurning input value.
Solution 2: Make changes in the Group Policy Editor
- Open the run dialog box by pressing the button WIN + R keys together. When it opens, type gpedit.msc and press the Enter key.
- Bottom Windows Components, There is Windows Explorer. In the right window pane corresponding to Windows Explorer, highlight the option entry by name Remove the CD recording functions by clicking on it. Now click on Change the Ploicy settings link as below screenshot shown.
- To disable the CD burning feature in Windows, click the radio button corresponding to the option Qualified as shown in the screenshot. Beaten up To apply Y ok buttons. That is. Reboot the system for the changes to take over.
Hope you found the article useful. If you are stuck with any of the steps, feel free to leave feedback. We will be happy to help you. Stay tuned for more tips, tricks and tips.