Steam Overlay is a very cool Steam feature that helps players use Steam features directly from a game without even launching the Steam app. This overlay can be very useful, as to access it just press Shift + Tab while playing Steam. But sometimes this feature can crash the game or cause similar problems in the game. Follow our solution to easily enable / disable this feature.
How to disable the Steam overlay
Follow these steps to disable the Steam overlay on your computer.
1. Open the Steam application on your computer.
2. Once opened, click on “Vapor“In the menu bar.
3. Then click on "settings".
4. In the Settings panel, click "Game overlay“On the left side panel.
5. Hence, deselect the option "Enable the Steam overlay while playing".
6. Click on 'ok“To save the settings.
Close the Vapor on your computer.
Try playing a game on Steam. When the game starts, press the Shift + Tab keys.
The Steam overlay will no longer open on your computer.
Enable Steam Overlay
Disabling the Steam overlay can also affect some issues on Steam.
It is very easy to re-enable the Steam overlay in the game on your computer.
for. As before, after opening Steam, click on “Vapor"And then in"settings".
second. Click "Game overlay".
C. This time, check the option "Enable the Steam overlay while playing".
ri. Click on “ok".
Steam Overlay will be enabled again.