Exclude Folders It is one of the coolest features of Windows 10, which actually helps you to save a lot of space on your disks. You can save a lot of space when copying by using this feature and use the saved space later for something else. Thus, you can transfer a large amount of data from your laptop to a USB drive. At that moment the system tells you that there is not enough disk space to fix everything. In such situation, you can choose to Exclude Folders from File History to free up unwanted space and use it to store something useful. This article is intended to familiarize you with the Exclude Folders feature of Windows 10.
See also: - How to Delete Quick Login History in Windows 10
- Click on the Start panel to find the Control Panel file or just use WIN + X. Once you find it, click on it to proceed to the next step.
- From the Control Panel applet, find the File History panel and click on it.
- Now that you have clicked on the File History panel, it will expand to give you more options. Find an option called Exclude Folders from the left side of the File History window and click on it.
- Now a new window opens. This is where you can add the folders you want to apply Exclude Job Folders. Click the Add button at the bottom of the window to browse and select folders to save space.
- A search window appears. Choose the folder by browsing the libraries. In the screenshot below, I have selected a folder called CollegeDays, to which I want to apply the Exclude Folders option. After selecting a folder, click Select Folder at the bottom of the page.
- After selecting a folder, it will appear in the folder list under Exclude Folders. If you want to add more folders, you can repeat the steps as before. When you have finished adding all the folders, click Save Changes to see the changes applied.
That is. You are ready. You have successfully saved some space on your disks. The folders added in Exclude Folders optimized the space complexity. Now if you want to remove this feature from some of the added folders, you can just use the Get Rid Of button located right next to the Insert button. It's that simple. Hope the article was helpful.