Some Windows 10 users complain about a problem they face when they try to copy / move some files from external media devices (like USB sticks, external hard drives). According to these users, they are unable to do this as they get an error message saying “The file or directory is damaged Error code: 0x80070570". If you find yourself in the same situation then follow the fixes in this article and the problem will be easily solved.
1. Restart your computer. After reboot, check if the error is fixed or not.
2. Disconnect the USB device from the computer. Reconnect your device to your computer. Try to transfer the files.
3. Connect the external media device to another computer and try to transfer files.
If the error persists, there is something wrong with the USB device.
Look for these solutions if these workarounds didn't help.
Error Fix-1 check your USB device
If the device is damaged or there are some faulty files causing this problem, repairing the device will fix the problem.
1. Press Windows key + E Open File Browser on your computer. Then on the left side, click "What PC".
2. The right mouse button on the USB device and then click "Property".
3 inch USB Drive Properties (F 🙂 window, at first, go to the "ToolsEyelash ".
4. In the Error Checking, you need to click on "Check".
5. Then, you need to click on "Repair unit".
6. When you see that the repair process is complete, click on “Close“To close the error checking window.
Check if you can transfer files from your computer to the multimedia device or vice versa. If the error is still not resolved, find the next solution.
Fix-2 Check the unit from CMD
Check the drive without running this simple command from the command prompt window. But first, you need to write down the USB drive letter on your computer.
1. To open the File Browser on your computer, press Windows key + E keys.
2. Once the File Explorer window opens, click on "What PC“To see all the discs.
3. Next, you need to write down the USB drive letter.
(Example- For us, the drive letter of the USB device is "F:").
4. Now you need to open the CMD window. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Run, and then write "cmd"And press"Log in".
System symbol the window will open.
5. In Window System Symbol, copy paste and edit the command, then press Log in after running it.
[[[[Example- For our case, the command will be-
chksdsk / f F:
This process may take some time to complete.
Close Window system symbol.
You should be able to transfer data from the media device or vice versa. Your problem should be solved.