Microsoft has finally succumbed to the necessity of the moment when, like other competitors, it also released a free update to its flagship product: Windows. Understandably, Windows users were thrilled and quickly upgraded from their previous versions to Windows 10. It was a fairly straightforward process where all a user needed was a good internet connection.
But not everything was perfect for some users. Some users have reported an issue where the screen flashed continuously every time they booted the system. It was impossible for them to open programs or perform tasks. They reported that even restarting the system does not fix the problem.
Remember once it was said that 90% of Windows problems can be solved by rebooting the system and otherwise 10%, may the force be with you!
So all is lost for these users. Probably not!
Before reverting to the previous version of Windows, you can try this method if you are experiencing a similar problem.
Steps to fix screen flickering in Windows
1. Open Task Manager - There are many ways to do this.
- Method 1- Right-click on an empty space on the taskbar and select Task Manager.
- Method 2- Press Ctrl + Alt + Del. From there, select Task Manager.
2. Click the File tab. If you can't see the Files tab, click "More Details" in the lower left corner.
3. Select "Run New Task".
Note that you can access this Run command directly without going through the Task Manager. Just press Windows + R key and that's it.
Or better yet, why not use the amazing Windows 10 search feature. Start typing in the Windows search box (you don't need to go to the Task Manager or Run command option).
4. Type “msconfig” without quotes.
5. Click on the 'Services' tab.
6. Scroll down and find two services called Problem Reporting Dashboard 'Y “Windows Error Reporting Service'. If you have trouble finding these two services, click on the “Service” column header in the table. In this way, all services will be literate.
7. Uncheck these two services. Press OK '.
8. If Windows asks you to restart your system, restart it and your problem will be solved.
Even after following these steps, your problems have not been solved, so unfortunately you will have to go back to the previous version.