Recently, some Windows 10 users have been complaining about a strange problem in Skype they are witnessing after getting the recent update on their computers. According to these users, Skype does not open on these users' computers. If you are seeing a similar kind of opening of the Skype phenomenon, follow these fixes. But before moving on to the main solutions, don't forget to go through these solutions first.
1. Restart the computer and after rebooting try to start Skype.
2. If you are using any McAfee software or ArcSoft Suite webcam or Trust Relationship software, uninstall these software from your computer.
a. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Running window. Gender "appwiz.cpl ”and then press Pay in. Program and features window will prevail.
B. Now scroll down and double click over it "McAfee","ArcSoft Webcam"Y"Relationship with the trustee”One by one to uninstall them sequentially from your computer.
After uninstalling these software, start again your computer.
3. Check for update Windows is pending or not.
If any of these solutions didn't work, try these solutions:
Fix-1 Start Skype from Microsoft Store-
1. Click Search box and then type "Shop".
2. Click on 'Microsoft Store”Open Shop on your computer.
3 inch Microsoft Store window, click the Search box above and then type "Skype".
4. Click on 'Skype“In the drop-down menu of the search results.
5. You will see a message that says "This product is installed. "
6. Click on 'Throw”Have Skype lunch on your computer.
Skype should start on your computer. If not, look for the next fixes.
Fix-2 Uninstall and reinstall Skype-
Uninstalling and reinstalling Skype from your computer will definitely fix the Skype problem.
1. Simply by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc together they can access the window task manager.
2. Now scroll down and the right mouse button over it "Skype"From running processes, then click"Final task”To finalize the process.
Near Task Manager window.
3. Now press Tasto Windows + I to open the settings window.
4. Now click on "Applications”Open Applications settings.
5. In the Applications settings window, on the left side, click "App and features".
6. Now, in the right hand side of the settings window, scroll down and then type "Skype”In the Look for box.
7. Now click on "SkypeThat will appear in the search result, so click "Uninstall".
8. When a tab with 'This application and related information will be uninstalled.' The message will appear, click on “Uninstall”To initialize the uninstall process.
Close window settings.
9. By pressing Windows key With 'R'key you can start Running window. Gender o copy paste "% application data%”Above Run window and knock Pay in.
10. In the Application Data folder, scroll down and try to find the "SkypeBinder ".
eleven. The right mouse button on him "Skype"Folder then click"To delete”To delete the folder.
12. Now go to this location in the File Navigator.
C: Programs (x86)
13. Search for the "SkypeBinder ".
14 The right mouse button on him "Skype"Folder then click"To delete”To delete the folder from the computer.
Once the folder is deleted, close the File Navigator window.
15. At first, click on the Search box and then type “regedit". Then click on "Registry Editor”In the high search result.
16. When the Registry Editor window opens, click "Fillet"In the menu bar and then click"Export”To back up the registry.
17. Then, in the Registry Editor window, click on “change"In the menu bar and then click"Find".
18. In the Find panel, type "Skype"In the search box for 'Find the one:', then click"Find next".
19. Now, the right mouse button on the key that will appear as a search result, then click on "To delete”To remove the key from your computer.
20. Repeat 16 pass, Step -17, Yup 18 pass to find and delete all registry keys associated with Skype request.
Once done, close the Registry Editor.
21. Now you need to download and install the latest version of Skype.
When you're done downloading Skype, just open the installation file and follow the on-screen instructions to install Skype.
Once Skype is installed, start again your computer. After restarting, try to start Skype. it should work fine.
Fix-3 Run Skype in Compatibility Mode-
In a hurry Skype in compatibility mode can solve your problem.
1. The right mouse button on him "Skype"On the desktop and then click"Property".
2. In the Properties window, go to "Compatibility“tab.
3. Now, in the Compatibility tab, first check the option "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"And then select"Windows 8“From the drop down list just below.
4. Then finally click on "Request"Y"all right”To save these changes.
Try running Skype on your computer. Check if the error is occurring or not.
Fix-4 Install Media Feature Pack per Windows 10 N-
This solution is for Windows 10 no series users only.
If you are encountering this error on a system running Windows 10 N series, you need to install this multimedia feature pack.
1. Download the latest Multimedia Feature Pack. on your computer.
2. Under the download section, select the latest multimedia feature package from the drop-down list.
3. Click on 'Confirm”To confirm the package selection.
4. Finally, choose the package version according to your CPU Architecture to start the download process.
Once the package is downloaded, install it on your computer.
Restart computer to make the changes take effect.
Skype Should start without further problems.