How to increase the number of items in Windows 10 jump lists: - One of the great features that Windows 10 offers its users is the Skip Lists feature. Any files you open recently or frequently are stored in the Windows 10 jump lists, so you can access them with one click at a later time. This is quite convenient and often helps you to save a lot of time. By default, a Skip List file in Windows 10 can contain up to 15 items. But you might be surprised to learn that there are no easy ways to increase the number of Skip List items it can hold. Well, there is actually a not so straightforward method. You can easily increase the number of items a jump list can contain by making a couple of changes in the registry editor. Since we're going to mess with the registry editors a bit, it is highly recommended that you create a system restore point before accessing the article.
Read also: - How to delete the Jump List at the same time
- print WIN + R keys together to open the file run the dialog box. Once open, type regedit and hit ok button.
- A separate window called the Registry Editor opens. You have to navigate the following path.
For this, click on the button called HKEY_CURRENT_USER in the left pane of the window.
- Then click on the subkey called Software.
- Then click on Microsoft as shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on next windows, then via Current Version, then in Explorer and finally in Advanced.
- Now in the right window pane, you will see a lot of items. You need to look for an entry called JumpListItems_Maximum. Don't worry if you can't find it. Just right-click on an empty space in the right window pane and then click New and then in DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- You need to name the newly created DWORD value as JumpListItems_Maximum.
- Now double click JumpListItems_Maximum. An editing window will open. Now edit the Field Value Data file. You can set the Value data file to a number of your choice. I chose it to be 25.
So what are you waiting for? Try this trick today to increase the number of items on your Jump List to access files and folders on your system much faster and easier. Don't forget to share this new information with your friends as well. I hope you enjoyed reading the article.