Opening Windows applications / utilities is a very simple task, as these applications can be launched directly from Run. But, if you want to open a third-party application directly from Run, you need to add a key in your computer's registry. There are two processes by which you can start the application directly from Run.
1. Manually add the application name to the application path in the registry.
2. Write an automated registration script that will add the key to the registry when you run it.
To better understand these methods, we took an example from an application called "Application1.exe"What is installed in the location"C: / Program Files (x86) /Application1/Application1.exe".
Method-1 Manually the application key for your registry-
1. What you should do in the beginning is to press'Windows key' and the 'R'keys together.
2. Once the Run terminal is open, type "regedit".
3. Now go to this location.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion App paths
The right mouse button on him "Apppath"And then click"New"And then click"Key".
Give the key the name of your application, along with the extension (Example: for us, we will call the key as "Application1.exe").
4. Now click on "Application1.exe"key. In the right pane, you should see a string value called "default". Double click In that.
5. Change the "Valuable data"To the address of the request. (For example, for us, we will set the 'Value data' to "C: / Program Files (x86) /Application1/Application1.exe").
6. Click on 'all right”To save the changes.
7. Now again the right mouse button in the void of "Application1.exe"And click"New"And then click"String value".
8. Rename the string value as "The Tour".
9. Now double click on "The Tour"And change yours"Valuable data'to the path of the application folder. (For example, for us, we will set the 'Value data' to "C: / Program files (x86) / Application1").
10. Click on 'all right”To save the changes.
Close the Registry Editor window.
Restart the computer and after restarting try to run the application to run.
Method 2: write a registration script to add the application key.
1 First, Right-click K. on the desktop and click "New"
2. Next, you need to click on "Text document".
3. Copy and paste these next lines in window pad.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionApp Paths] [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionApp PathsApplication1.exe]@="C:Program FilesApplication1Application1.exe" "Path"="C:Program FilesApplication1"
(You need to change the bold part of this text to the application name and installation path of that file if you want to create a shortcut to the run command)
4. Press Ctrl + Maiusc + S to save the text pad, save it as "A1.reg".
5. click on “Save as type:"And click"All files".
6. Now click on "Save”To save the record in a favorable location.
Now run "A1.reg“On your computer.
After running the registration script on your computer, start again your computer.
After rebooting, you should be able to start the application with Run.