December 15, 2015 For Administration
Now you can record the games running on the screen in Windows 10 and watch them again later with the latest tools within the Xbox app such as DVR settings which can be accessed and changed the way the user wants see the recorded game. Basically, registration can be done by opening a Game Bar dialog, which can be opened by simultaneously pressing hotkeys such as Windows + G.
Recommended: The 5 most addicting Xbox games
You can follow the steps line by line here to register your game-
- After opening the Game Bar, a red button will appear. Click on it to register. Before clicking, make sure the game you want to record is running in the background.
- On the top edge, you'll find a timer, which will only appear when the game bar disappears. If you want to end the recording at any time, reopen the game bar by pressing the Windows + G keys. You will then find a square button in red. Press to stop recording.
- The game recording would be finished, indicated by a message appearing on the screen saying “Game clip recorded”. This recorded clip will be saved in the video folder on your PC.
- If you have a problem with the above or prefer a much faster option when you are playing and want to record a tour of the game, you may have another option to start recording directly. Win + Alt + R The keys will start and stop recording directly.
- To view various hotkeys and adjust important settings, you can open the Xbox app, which will also open a list of hotkeys used to record your game. You can open the Xbox app by typing Xbox in the "taskbar search box" or you can find it directly from the Start menu.
- Here (Xbox App), you will find the Settings in the side menu. Open configuration.
- Now, continue by opening the Game DVR tab, available directly next to the General tab.
- The Game DVR option offers two options. The first option is “Record game clips and screenshots with Game DVR”, which would be enabled by default. You can change it here. Also, you can change the keyboard shortcuts if you want.
- The second option will be “Record in the background while playing”. You will be prompted for a command written under that option such as "This may affect game performance". Turn it on after making sure your system meets the specifications required to display this feature.
- If you wish to deselect recording during battery or wireless display, you can do so by disabling the two options below:
- Allow background recording when using battery
- Allow background recording while using the wireless display
Additionally, you can set the maximum recording duration for your game.
How to watch games recorded on Game DVR
- Now, once you are done recording the game, you will want to see the recorded video. You can find the destination by opening the Xbox app and then in the side menu by opening the “Game DVR” option.
- Now, in Game DVR you will find three subsections: On this PC, Shared and Community. Click on Open this PC.
- You can find your recorded video or screenshot here. You can find your video by the date you recorded the video. You can play / view them in the right section by clicking the Play button.
This feature is easy to use and has significant use. If you want to create a game tutorial for all levels of a game so that you can upload them to YouTube or elsewhere, we hope this post has helped you a lot.