How to reduce taskbar thumbnail preview time in Windows 7/8/10: - Let's say you have opened an application on Windows. On the taskbar, you will see an active tab for this application open. Hovering over this tab will show you a thumbnail preview of this app. But it usually takes 400 milliseconds to see this preview. Some users may find this waiting time a bit annoying. If you want the thumbnail preview to be shown the moment you hover over the open application, you've come to the right place. The optimal value of the thumbnail delay time is considered to be 100 milliseconds. Follow the steps below to get this optimal delay time for thumbnail preview.
- First of all, you need to open the file Registry Editor window. For this, press the button WIN + R keys together. This will open the file run the dialog box. When you do, write regedit and press the Enter key.
- Make sure you have navigated to the correct path as shown in the screenshot.
- Once you have reached the path specified in the previous step, make sure that the Advanced The key is highlighted by clicking on it. You can see the Advanced key content in the right window pane. Then right-click anywhere in the right window pane. In the context menu that appears, click New and then in Valore DWORD (32 bit).
- Name the newly created DWORD ExtendedUIHoverTime.
- Then double click on the new file ExtendedUIHoverTime DWORD value. In the edit window, choose Decimal like Base and enter 100 like Valuable data. If you want to extend the preview time, you can set a large value in the file Valuable data field instead of 100. When finished, press the button ok button. That is. Reboot the system for the changes to take over.
If you want to restore the default settings, simply delete the file ExtendedUIHoverTime key. Hope you found the article useful. If you have any questions about any of the steps, please feel free to leave comments. We would be happy to help you. Stay tuned for more tips, tricks and tips.