Say goodbye to carrying your physical license; Go digital, use DigiLocker: - DigiLocker is the digital solution provided by the Indian government to eliminate the use of physical documents. With DigiLocker, you can verify a document by digitally signing it, you can forget to bring your driver's license to work every day, you can get your qualification lists and so much more. Read on to find out how to sign up with DigiLocker, what its uses are, how to get it on your phone, and more. So what are you waiting for? Let's get started, okay?
How to register with DigiLocker
- First of all, go to https://digilocker.gov.in/. Once you are there, click on SUBSCRIBE in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You will be asked to enter your phone number. Enter the OTP you receive on your phone and press the key check button.
- Next, you will be asked to enter a username and password. Hit SUBSCRIBE when you have finished. Congratulations, this would set up your DigiLocker account correctly.
- The next page asks you to link yours Aadhar DigiLocker account number. Enter your Aadhar number and choose the radio button associated with Fingerprint o OTP option. When finished, press the button Send button. If you have not associated a mobile number with your Aadhar account, you cannot choose OTP option. Also, if you don't have a fingerprint scanner connected to your PC, you won't be able to link your Aadhar card to your DigiLocker account. You will need to visit the nearest Aadhar registration center to link your phone number with Aadhar. For more details, you can check the link
DigiLocker FAQs and Customer Service.
What if you can't link your Aadhar card number?
- If you can't connect your Aadhar, you can click Continue here link at the bottom of the screen.
Get DigiLocker on your phone
You can download DigiLocker to your phone from Google PlayStore. Once downloaded, you can log in with your login credentials. You can even register from the app. When everything is set up, you can start using your phone as a replacement for all your document needs using the DigiLocker app.
Once your account is set up, you will be directed to Table from your DigiLocker account. DigiLocker offers the following features:
Note: To get the most out of DigiLocker, your Aadhar card must be linked to your DigiLocker account.
- You can get yours Digital driving license DigiLocker. So you can drive anywhere and anytime, without always carrying your physical driving license with you.
- You can self-certify documents through the digital signature process and use these documents for transactions.
- You can upload your ID documents to your free 1GB cloud space. These documents can be used for verification by respected authorities.
The list doesn't end there. Create your DigiLocker account today to explore the rest. Hope you found the article useful. Stay tuned for more tips, tricks and tips.