Windows 10, released by Microsoft, has created beautiful customization features that are quite attractive to its users. With a combination of its previous versions of Windows 7 and 8, it has become an easy-to-use operating system. We will now explore the new addition, the Action Center in Windows 10. The Action Center appears at the bottom right of the desktop and opens when you open the notifications icon. This is where you get notifications about recent updates, your system's security issues, setting up new devices if they're connected, etc. Apart from these, there are many other quick actions such as those to manage the Bluetooth, Battery Saver, and Tablet Mode options. .
While all of these options are developed primarily to provide users with a quick way to access them, not all of them find them equally attractive. In fact, some may find the action center quite busy with its wide variety of options. If you have felt the same way, this article will help you. Here, I'll discuss how to remove the other features from the Action Center so that it can be used exclusively for notifications. Read on to find out how.
STEPS TO DISABLE THE QUICK ACTION FUNCTIONS FROM THE ACTION CENTER
I recommend that you create a system restore point, in case something goes wrong. This will restore your system to the state you left it in.
- First, you will need to open the file Registry Editor. To do this, open the Run window by pressing Windows key + R and typing regedit in the text box.
- Now go to the location as shown below from the left panel.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Shell ActionCenter Quick Actions
- Now, towards the right panel, you will find an option FixedQuickActionSlotCount. This determines the number of spaces that will be allocated for quick access in the Action Center. It will be of type D_WORD. Double click on it.
- A window for changing values opens. In the text box provided there, you will need to change the value of 4 to 0 . Also choose the Decimal option as shown below. When finished, press the OK button.
- Now restart your PC to feel the change. Action Center will only show notifications now and no other quick actions.
That is. Try the steps now. Hope you found this article helpful!