How to remove write protection from a USB drive: - Sometimes when you try to write something to a USB drive, you will see a warning window indicating that the USB drive you are trying to write to is write protected. Or let's say you want to format your USB drive. So even if the drive is write protected you will get the same warning. In such cases, you may want to remove the write protection of the drive. Here we have explained the easiest and fastest solution for this problem in very few steps. Check it out!
- press the WIN + R keys together to start the file run the dialog box. When it opens, type regedit e premium pulsating Log in key.
- Now under the Control key, you need to search for a key called Storage device policies.
- If there is one already, you can do it go to step 5 immediately.
- Otherwise, right-click the key Controlclick your New and then in Key.
- Give the newly created key a name Storage device policies.
- Click on the new file Storage device policies in the left window pane and right window pane, you need to create a file new 32-bit DWORD value. For this, right click anywhere in an empty space in the right window pane, click Newand then away Valore DWORD (32 bit).
- Name the newly created DWORD value Write protection and double-click it to edit the value data. To disable write protection for the USB drive, set the value in the file Valuable data field to 0.
That is. The write protection on your USB is now disabled.
Note: You no longer have to worry about formatting the write protected USB drive. Thank you for taking the time to read the article.