Search windows works perfectly when it comes to searching for something in particular on your device. Windows Search effectively narrows the search by indexing the search type, modification date, result size, etc. But some Windows 10 users are having some difficulties with Windows 10 search. If you are experiencing the same, don't worry. Resetting the search will solve your problem. Just follow one of these methods to reset search in Windows 10. But, before proceeding further, try these solutions to try a simpler solution to your problem.
1. If you are experiencing this problem for the first time on your device, start again your computer.
2. Check for update Windows is pending or not. If there is any Windows update waiting, wait for the installation and then restart your computer. After reboot, check if Search works or not.
Windows Repair Search will restore Search when you first log on to Windows. There will be no search history.
Method-1 Reset Windows Search with Powershell-
1. Download this WindowsSearchReset.zip files on your computer.
2. Now extract this WindowsSearchReset.zip submit your file in a favorable location of your choice.
Wait a moment when this script is running on your computer. Search windows will reset itself once the script has finished running on your computer.
Now if you face "Unable to load because script execution is disabled on this system.“On your computer, it might be because your computer doesn't support Windows Power of the shell to run automated scripts.
Follow these steps to avoid this error:
1. Press Windows key + X.
2. Then click on "PowerShell (administrator)“To access the Power of the Window Shell.
3. Now, run this command by copying and pasting it in the Power of the window shell and then pressing “Enter” to execute it.
Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
3. Press the 'Y' key to confirm the execution of this script only this time.
Now try running the extracted script again (Step 2 di 1 method).
Method-2 Reset Windows Search with Registry Editor-
1. To open the Registry Editor window, type "regedit“In the search box.
2. Then click on "Registry EditorOnce it appears in the search result.
3. Now, in the left pane, expand this:
Cerca HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows
4. Now, in the right pane of the Registry Editor, encounter "Installation completed successfully" Yup Double Click on it.
5. Now, configure the Valuable data from the key to "0"
6. Finally, click on "all right".
If you don't see "Installation completed successfully" key, the right mouse button and click "New"And then click"Valore DWORD (32 bit)". Rename the new key as "Installation completed successfully".
Now you can change the "Value data" of the "Installation completed successfully“Key as mentioned in 3 pass.
Method 3 Use the troubleshooter
If you are facing a particular problem with Windows Search (e.g. files are not showing in search results or emails are not showing in search results, etc.) then you should go for this particular solution.
1. Press Tasto Windows + I to open Windows Settings.
2. Next, you need to click on "Update and security".
3. Now, in the left pane of Window Settings, click on “Solve problems"And then in your right hand scroll down to find"Search and indexing".
4. Click on it and then click on "Run the troubleshooter".
5. Now, in the Search and Indexing troubleshooting window, choose the specific problem you are facing with Windows Search.
6. Now click on "Next”To start the troubleshooting process.
The problem solver will detect any problems with Windows Search.
If you are having trouble with the Search, it will try to fix it on its own. Once the problem is resolved, click on "To close" to close the troubleshooting window.
May need start again computer to complete the troubleshooting process.
Check if the Windows Search is working properly or not.
Method 4 End the SearchUI.exe process
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc open Task Manager.
2. Now go to "Details"And then scroll down to search" tabSearchUI.exe".
3. The right mouse button on it and then click "Final task".
Close the Task Manager window.
Now, check if you can use Windows Search without any error or not. If you still have the problem, start again your computer.
After reboot, Search related issues need to be resolved.