How to exchange secret messages using QR codes: - Are you thinking about your way of sending and receiving secret messages? Well, QR Codes are here to save you. If you are more into technology, you may not want to send confidential messages in plain text form to the person concerned. What if I told you that you can change the secret message into a QR code and then use it for message transfer? If you change the message to a QR code, it will be difficult for non-technical people to figure out what to do with the QR code they have. Most likely, they are unwilling to go through the pain of figuring out what's behind the secret code. So what are you waiting for? Read the article to start sending messages confidentially!
- First of all, go to a QR code generator website. I used the QR Code Generator website. Once there, select the code type. Since I'll be using plain text, I've selected Text gender. When done, press Next step button.
- Now you can enter your secret message in the box provided as shown in the screenshot below. Hit Next step once ready.
- Now download your QR code in a Zip file and extract the QR code from the Zip file.
- Once everything is set up, your QR code will look like the one shown in the screenshot below.
- You can now send this QR code to the person you want to share your secret message with. For this, simply send them the QR image or send them the image by any other means. To read the QR image from a desktop screen or elsewhere, they need a QR image reader application. It will integrate with most android devices. If not, get one from the Play Store. I used a popular and reliable QR reader called QR scanner. You can use any QR reader / scanner app of your choice. Ask your friend to scan the QR code you sent with this scanner.
- Violet! Now your friend can read your message while maintaining their trust. Your friend can also use the same method to generate a QR code to reply to you and you can decrypt it using an app as mentioned.
So what are you waiting for? Now that you've found the perfect way to secretly chat, give it a try and enjoy. Share the article with your friends too. If you feel stuck with any of the steps, feel free to leave feedback. We would be happy to help you. Stay tuned for more tips and tricks.