How to set autoplay in Windows 7 and 10: - Auto Play This function automatically scans a device when it is connected to your computer. You are responsible for determining what to do with the connected device. Take an action or do nothing according to your settings. So the question is, can you configure your Auto-Play file to always work the way you want it to work? If you can. The configuration settings are somewhat similar in all versions of Windows. In this article, I've explained the steps to set up Auto-Play on Windows 7 and Windows 10. Read on to learn how to hack this simple trick.
How to set up autoplay in Windows 7
- Start typing auto-play in the Windows 7 search box. This will result in the Windows 7 Program Auto-play list. Click Auto-play as shown in the screenshot.
- You will be shown a long list of options from the Choose what happens when you insert each type of media or device header. If you want to completely disable the file Auto-play feature, simply uncheck the box that says Use auto-play for all media and devices.
- Now in the section titled Media, find the media or device whose file you want to edit the Auto-play configuration for. In the example given, I have chosen to change the settings from audio CD. From the corresponding drop-down menu, you can select what you want Auto-Play to do when the selected event occurs.
- If at any time you change your mind about the changes you've made, scroll down and look for the button called Reset All Defaults to click on it.
How to set up autoplay in Windows 10
- As in Windows 7, type auto-play in the search box. From the displayed search results, click Auto-play program as shown in the screenshot.
- You can choose to disable the file Auto-play feature by clearing the checkbox corresponding to Use auto-play for all media and devices As shown below. If you want to change the Auto-play configuration of Removable DriveSimply select the option you want from the drop-down menu.
- Likewise, you can edit the Auto Play file configuration settings of other media and devices as well.
- To reset all your preferences to the original way, find and click the button that says Reset All Defaults.
It's that simple to set up your Auto Play. Make your system talk a lot about you by customizing it in the best possible way. Hope you found the article useful.