The Windows 10 notification system allows the user to know a notification just arrived, via notification sounds. These sounds can be useful for grabbing the attention of the user who may be busy doing something else on the device. This notification sound model is better than previous Windows 8 pop-up notifications and is good enough to ensure that the user receives any messages or notifications they may have missed previously.
But several users complain that the sounds that play along with the notifications are annoying. You hear notification sounds for plugging or unplugging a USB, a battery alert, and other trivial notifications, so this can quickly irritate anyone who frequently uses their Windows 10 device. Users have complained about receiving ghost notifications - the system rings to inform them they have a notification, but when they open it there is no notification. Also, people have sometimes received late notifications. If so, interrupted by the frequent ringing of notifications that probably exist or don't exist, there must be a way to disable notification sounds permanently.
In addition to turning off the device's speakers (which would mute the sound for, well, all sound-related actions), here's how to turn off notification sounds for apps.
How to disable notification sounds for apps
- Open PC settings by clicking key Windows + i
- In PC Settings, choose System.
- Next, click Notifications & Actions in the left sidebar.
- Disable the button that says Receive notifications from apps and other senders.
Another method would be the following:
- Press the Windows key + r from the keyboard at the same time to open Run.
- to write control mmsys.cpl sound on it and click OK.
- Scegliere Sounds eyelash.
- Under the Combination of sounds, Select None from the drop-down menu and click OK.
For those users who don't want to mute all sounds, or all notification sounds off, you can also easily change individual sound settings.
Just choose the setting you want to turn off or change the sound from the program's event list.
Then choose the sounds you want from the list as shown. To turn off the notification, simply choose no sound from the drop-down menu.
Finally click Apply.
However, disabling notification sounds will not stop receiving notifications, so if you want to completely disable notifications, set Show app notifications to Off in your PC settings.
Disable notifications of individual apps from the system -> section Apps and notifications
System settings may be accessed in a different way than other Windows 10 users. For some users, Settings will lead to a system menu, under which
- Go to Settings> System> Notifications & Actions
- Scroll down and you will find a list of apps. The user can choose particular applications for which the system can also show notifications, just below "Receive notifications from these senders".
- Disable the specific app to disable notification from that app only.