How to disable / stop unwanted Skype audio alerts: - You are at home after a busy day at work. All you want right now is to spend some time alone with your PC, read your favorite blog online, and grab a hot coffee. That's when Skype starts screaming and buzzing, seeking your attention. It could be an old friend who just felt lonely or a group conversation that you don't quite belong to. Whatever it is, you're not in the mood to spend your hard earned free time there. And you'd like it if you could put something in Skype's mouth to keep it quiet. Of course, you don't want to disconnect as this means you may be missing something important as well. This is when the option to convert Skype audio alerts pops up in anyone's mind. Don't worry, we have a solution for you. Read on to find out how to turn off Skype's audio alerts for group and individual conversations. You can always turn them on whenever you want. So there are no problems on that front either.
Read also: How to mute app notifications in Windows 10
- Start Skype and log in with your login credentials. Let's first see how to turn off notifications for an annoying group conversation. For that, locate the settings group and click on it as shown in the screenshot.
- Clicking on settings opens a new window to change the group profile settings. Find a section called Conversation Notifications. Look for an option that says Let me know when something new happens. Clear the checkbox for this option to turn off group alerts.
- If you don't have time to perform the previous step, type the following command in the chat text box and hit enter. Don't worry, group members won't be able to see this command.
- What if I want to turn on notifications? Just type the following command as before.
- Now if you want to be saved from individual conversation alerts as well, look for the Conversations tab from the top menu options and click on it. In the menu that expands, click on the one that says Notification settings.
- In the new Configure Instant Messaging Notifications window that opens, you have all the options you've always wanted. You can check the checkbox according to your choice. If you only want to be notified when some specific words are mentioned in a chat, you can choose the third option which is just let me know if these words are mentioned.
That is. Now, no interruptions will bother you when you don't want to. You can always reset settings when you're in the mood to join conversations freely. I hope you enjoyed reading the article.