In case you are trying to run an application / game on your computer but you can't do it because you get an error message saying "The program cannot start because MSVCP140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problemAnd you wonder what to do, you are in the right place. This problem usually occurs when a particular .dll file (in this case, it is'MSVCP140.dll') disappears from the user's computer. Follow the processes outlined in this article and the problem should be solved in no time. But before moving on to the most important solutions, we suggest you run these solutions initially to try some simpler solutions to fix this problem.
1. If this is the first time you have encountered this type of problem on your computer, start again your computer. After reboot, check if the error is still present or not.
2. Sometimes viruses or malware can cause this problem on your computer. Run a full scan of the files on your computer.
If any of these workarounds didn't solve the problem, look for these solutions:
Fix-1 Installa Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC-
According to many Windows 10 users, their problem was solved after installing the Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC on your computer. To do this, simply follow these steps:
1. Download the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC.
2 inch Choose the download you want the window, on the left side, choose the download file version according to your computer's CPU architecture (if you don't know it follow Step 1 e Step 2 starting from Correction-1). Now click on "next”To start the download process.
3. Now go to the download location on your computer. Double click on "vc_redist.x64”To start the installation process.
4. In Microsoft Visual C ++ 2015 Redistributable window, check "I accept the terms and conditions of the license."And then click"Install on PC”To start the installation process.
Please wait a moment as the installation process will complete in a minute.
5. When the installation process is complete, click on "To close“To close the Placement window.
Restart computer to save your system changes. Try restarting the application on your computer. The problem must be solved.
Fix-2 Manually download and place MSVCP140.dll
yes MSVCP140.dll is missing on your computer, you can download that particular .dll file and put it in a certain directory on your computer. This will solve your problem.
1. At first, press the "button"Windows key'from the keyboard to access the search box. Now type "System configuration“In the search box.
2. Then you need to click on "System configuration".
3 inch System configuration window, check "System type“On the right side of the window. He noticed yes yes it is "X64 based PC"One"X-32 based PC".
4. To download the specified dll file, you need to visit the MSVCP140.dll website. Now, match the "bit"(CPU architecture, -x64 small or -x32 bit) with the computer and then click"Download”To start the download process.
5. 'msvcp140.zip“It will be downloaded to your computer.
Close the browser window.
6. Once the download is complete, extract in a favorable location of your choice.
7. Then, go to the folder where you extracted the .dll file and copy the "msvcp140.dll"Proceedings.
8. Now press Tasto Windows + R lunch Run window again, then type the location of this file and press Pay in.
the system32 The folder will open.
9. Dough the "msvcp140.dll“Files in System32 files.
10. If you are asked for permission to make changes, click "Continue".
Now close the File Browser window.
You must start again computer to allow the changes to be applied to the computer. After reboot, check if 'MSVCP140.dll' still causing the error or not.
Fix-3 Uninstall and reinstall the problematic app-
Uninstalling and reinstalling the problematic apps can help you.
1. First, press Tasto Windows + R and then write "appwiz.cpl“And hit Pay in.
Programs and Features window will open.
2 inch Program and features window, scroll down and the right mouse button in the problematic application and then click "Uninstall”To uninstall it from your computer.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstall process.
Restart computer to save the changes. After restarting your computer, reinstall the application. Check if you are still facing the problem or not.