While using the scanner on your computer, if this error message "No scanners were found', do not worry. There is some connection problem between the scanner and the computer and this is why the error message is displayed. Follow these simple solutions to fix the problem on your computer.
Fix 1: Check your connection settings
In most cases, the problem is with the cables connecting the scanners to the computer.
1. Turn off the scanner.
2. Then disconnect the scanner from the computer.
3. Next, connect the scanner to another USB port on your computer.
4. Turn on the scanner.
After that, try to scan anything.
If the problem persists, check the scanner with another machine. Self
Fix 2: install the scanner
Try installing the scanner on your device again.
1. Press the button Tasto Windows + R.
2. Digita “check printers". Then click on "ok“To open the Devices and Printers settings.
3. Here, click the "Add a device“To add the scanner to your computer.
4. Let Windows install the scanner on your computer.
If this fix doesn't work, move on to the next fix.
Fix 3: update the scanner device
You can update the scanner to fix the problem.
Before updating the driver, visit the scanner manufacturer's website, then download the latest driver for the scanner.
1. Press the button Windows key + X keys together.
2. Click the "Device Manager".
3. Then, expand the "Imaging devices".
4. Right-click the scanner device, then click "Update Driver".
5. Then click the "Look for drivers on my computer".
6. Click on 'Navigation".
7. Now go to where the file is located on your computer.
8. Select the folder and click "ok".
Wait for Windows to install the driver from the folder.
You can also update the scanner driver by clicking the "Automatically searches for drivers".
This will allow Windows to search for the driver itself and install it.
Fix 4 - Unisntall and reinstall the scanner
Uninstall the scanner driver from your computer and reinstall it again.
1. Digita “devmgmt“In the search box.
2. Then, press enter to access the Device Manager.
3. Right-click the scanner device and click "Uninstall device".
If there is a confirmation, click "Yup".
Then start again computer to reinstall the scanner on the computer.
Your problem should be solved.