Initial design was about putting your ideas on paper, but, in recent years, it has shifted significantly towards software-based design. Turning your ideas into reality is just at your fingertips. All you need is the right software and it works in all the smallest details.
The same goes for furniture design, where professional designers prefer to use furniture design software these days. In fact, some programs make it easier by even allowing homeowners to create a rough furniture design for their home. So whether you are a professional furniture designer or a home owner, there is a tool for everyone's needs.
Here we have listed some of the best furniture design software that can help you with your needs.
SketchUp is free CAD furniture design software perfect for editing 2D and 3D designs. The software is primarily designed for professionals in the fields of design, drafting or engineering.
- Equipped with rich modeling tools and a powerful engine.
- It offers push and pull technology that helps you create everyday items easily.
- It features a well designed user interface.
- It comes loaded with customizable palettes that make working in the program easier.
- Palettes can be added, deleted or organized as desired.
- The commands are organized neatly on the interface in large icons that facilitate their identification.
It also supports multi-language and multi-currency, project management, resource management, supplier management, document management and so on.
Price: Free trial available; price available on quote.
The SolidWorks 2020 release features optimized performance, clean workflows, and offers support for a connected design environment in the cloud.
- Enhanced performance that accelerates large gatherings and project authentication in drawings, gatherings and duplicates.
- It lets you open drawings right away using the new Details mode.
- Optimize design speed using the latest Envelope Publisher.
- Allows you to run simulations quickly using hybrid mesh.
- Improvements in simplified design, simulation and manufacturing workflows.
- It offers a seamless connection of SOLIDWORKS with the cloud, using the 3DExperience platform.
It also allows you to manage product, project and lifecycle information directly and easily create models in organic form using 3D Sculptor, quickly create custom dashboards, share data securely and more.
Price: Pricing starts at $ 5.
CAD Pro is a simple and portable design software that allows you to quickly and easily access all the tools you need for project development.
- Provides a photo plug-in that helps you quickly place any digital image or photo in your software documents.
- Intuitive drawing tools allow you to quickly adjust digital images or photos.
- Ability to add automatic shapes with a simple mouse click.
- It offers dynamic point and click tools and automatic tape measure tool.
- Ability to save CAD projects in PDF files.
- Allows you to design or create layouts with accurate dimensions using the “Smart Sizing” tools.
- Ability to create an unlimited number of state-of-the-art custom clipboard files.
- It makes your designs traceable by drawing your design on a sheet and then scanning it.
- It offers a free, all-purpose file viewer, which also works as a presentation tool.
- Ability to customize your plans and projects and even view and print professionally designed floor plans.
Most importantly, it allows you to share your projects via email. CAD Pro is compatible with MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and other Windows apps.
Price: Priced at $ 99,95.
In addition to the evaluation process for cost estimates and easy modification of production cabinet models, Polyboard Cabinet Design also helps you discover different materials, structures and styles.
- It offers powerful and automatic 2D and 3D presentations.
- Complete set of working drawings.
- Automatically calculate actual costs.
- Manage all construction and production information.
- Option to export CNC post processor files: DXF, woodWOP MPR, Xilog Maestro / Plus XXL, bSolid BiesseWorks CIX / CID and others.
- Parametric hardware management for all brands.
- It is securely updated during the design process.
- Offers completely accurate cuttings lists.
Besides, it also supports arborescent cabinet designs, powerful material templates, manufacturing system lists.
Price: Pricing starts at $ 995.
Sketchlist is one of the leading furniture design software that helps you create beautiful designs quickly and at a much lower cost. It offers simple solutions that do not require any previous technical experience.
- It allows you to create 3D furniture designs in just a few clicks.
- It allows you to insert shapes on the edges of the board in a couple of clicks.
- Easy drag-and-drop option to place objects within your designs.
- Option to drag in dimension using blue point corners and drag corners to easily change measurements.
- It allows you to easily share projects with clients with import / export functions.
- The shape tool helps you cut corners and curves on your boards.
- Ability to add and resize materials based on requirement.
- It allows you to insert the most used components using a customizable library of the usual objects.
3 degree 360D object rotation, option to draw whole assemblies, move parts in batches, change material in batches or join assembly function are some of its other main features.
Price: Priced at $ 199,99 each.
This furniture design software is designed specifically for wood furniture and fully integrates with Autodesk Inventor. However, the main difference lies in the lack of furniture design tools in Autodesk Inventor and this is where Woodwork for Inventor is needed.
- It uses iBox technology which allows you to extend to shorten.
- It allows you to create or publish their usual product in iBox technology.
- You can also create your own iBox library to your advantage.
- Its highly flexible wood material handling allows you to work with different material profiles.
- It comes with a built-in hardware library that includes automated part placement, auto sculpting, and removal of hole fittings and connection joints.
- Automatically generates drawings.
The software is based on a skeletal modeling design method and is perfect for the rapid prototyping nature of panel design.
Price: free; for home use and education license, contact the supplier for a quote.
Art-Shop X-Lite belongs to a brand (Master Design), which makes it a professional, programmable, flexible and intuitive software developed specifically for those who work in the furniture sector.
- Responsive and easy to use.
- Loaded with complete and configurable databases.
- It offers tutorials, guides, and wizards to help you as you work.
- It helps you to create 2D / 3D designs with the same ease as CAD software.
- Ability to edit database articles, import and edit textures and even list items.
- It offers features for rendering without pixel limitations, applying various graphic filters, media, printing and drawing images, and offers attractive accessories for realistic and beautiful environments.
- Ability to create selection elements, multi-user structure, import the Autocad plan, import and export images and preventive makeup.
It provides a virtual 3D viewer and options like 3D glasses, dual monitors, showroom and touch video, and other features like advanced and plotter printing, an option to search for items by description, and more.
Pro100 offers one of the simplest and most intuitive cabinet design software, perfectly suited to professionals. The software is widely used by furniture designers, garage furniture manufacturers, kitchen retailers, kitchen designers and so on. From creating virtual reality setups to producing custom cabinet designs and presentations, it helps you create the most professional looking designs.
In addition, this software allows you to quickly design, create and calculate work expenses based on material, door style, cabinet construction techniques, type of finish or kitchen layout.
- Easy to use professional programs with the ability to export high resolution images.
- Ability to record and share a panoramic view with customers.
- View of measured elevations and part labels, shop drawing facility with measurement view.
- It adds labor costs and prices and offers 3D rendering, create cut lists, parts lists and locker lists.
- Ability to design inconsistent objects such as round and oval shapes.
Best of all, it offers free upgrades (no hidden costs) and no annual subscription (one-time fee only) and can be installed on multiple computers without the need to purchase an additional license key.
Price: Free trial version available; Thereafter, a one-time $ 2550.
Better known as an interior design application, this free and open source software allows you to draw the floor plan of your home, arrange the furniture in a virtual environment and view the result in 3D. It can be installed on your computer or it can be used online, within the browser. Best of all, it's available in multiple languages, including English and French, among others. It could be compatible with Windows, Mac OS X 10.4 to 10.15, Linux and Solaris.
- Allows you to draw straight, round or sloped walls with accurate measurements, all using the mouse or keyboard.
- Allows you to drag doors and windows in walls on the floor plan, then leave it on the software to estimate their holes in the walls.
- Ability to find and insert furniture in the map of the plant from the searchable and extended list. These lists are organized into categories such as living room, bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and so on.
- It allows you to change color, texture, thickness, walls, floors and more.
- View the 2D project in 3D from an aerial point of view. Alternatively, you can also view him as a virtual visitor.
- Option to add floor notes with texts, arrows, room areas, measurement lines and navigate to the north line using a compass rose.
- It allows you to create photorealistic images and videos with the ability to customize the lights and change the effect of sunlight.
- Draw walls, 3D models and textures in the imported home layout.
- Ability to print and export 3D files, PDFs, videos or vector graphics in all major file formats.
The software also offers Java plug-ins for extended functionality and allows you to select from 25 languages to use on the interface.
SmartDraw Cabinet Designer helps you create professional furniture projects using its wide range of floor plan templates. All you have to do is select the desired walls, windows, doors and fixtures from its comprehensive floor plan database collection and insert them into the map.
- Offers simple and dynamic cabinet design capabilities.
- Simplify your drawing work using its intelligent formatting engine and provide professional results with automatic spacing, alignment and color matching.
- It works perfectly with standard tools like MS Office, Google Apps and others.
- It features over 34.000 symbols and over 4500 templates.
- It works just like CAD software programs and offers the ability to migrate from Visio.
- It comes with built-in extensions and the ability to create your own extensions with the help of the VisualScript SDK.
- It provides many users with SSO and many other options.
- You can collaborate on the same diagram with your colleagues and also share it with those who don't use the software.
This is the only software that runs inside a web browser on any operating system, such as Windows, iOS, or mobile devices. It can also be installed behind a firewall on a Windows desktop and easily switch between them. Best of all, it also works perfectly with sharing platforms like GoogleDrive, OneDrive, DropBox, etc.
Price: Free trial available; the upgrade starts at $ 297
Owning a home is a dream come true, but your home's charm is doubled when designed to your taste. So, whether you are a home owner who wants to get a rough idea of what your home will look like with furniture, or a professional designer looking for an affordable alternative to create professional and attractive designs for your clients, you can choose. from the above list of the best free software for designing furniture, eyes closed.