Solution: The application failed to start successfully error 0xc0000018 in Windows: - One of the most frequent errors encountered by Windows users is The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018) error. If you click on the file well, the program closes and no other options are available. This often creates confusion. The thing is, this error can be fixed with very few steps. In this article I have tried to explain the main solutions to this problem. Read on to learn how to overcome this problem efficiently.
Read also:–How to fix Windows Store connection error code 0x800073efd
Try uninstalling the program and reinstalling it. Sometimes a software update solves the problem.
Just run a virus scan to see if the program you are trying to install could harm your system.
If anti-exploit software is installed on the system, remove it by accessing the control panel. Restart the system to see if it worked.
If none of the above solutions work, let's get serious. First, create a system restore point. It's just a precaution. We will make some changes to the registry editors. Therefore, this may cause some problems in case the steps are not performed correctly. In case of difficulty, you can always restore the stable version of Windows using the system restore point.
You need to navigate to the following path in the Registry Editor file.
- For that, first click on Cortana's search box and type in regedit. Choose the regedit program from the search results and click on it to start it.
- Now click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE from the left panel of the Registry Editor window.
- Then click SOFTWARE as shown in the screenshot.
- Scroll down to find the key called Wow6432Node. Click on it.
- Now you need to find and click on the subkey called Microsoft.
- Click on WindowsNT and then Current Version as below.
- Finally, click on windows by scrolling down the Current Version subkey. In the right window pane, look for an entry called AppInit_DLLs. Double-click on it to open a window called Edit String.
- Delete everything in the text file named Value data. When done, click OK button.
That's all. Now the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000018) The error in Windows can be solved in a simple way. No app will cause you problems if it doesn't open from now on. Hope the article was helpful.