If you were using a trial version of Windows and recently decided to use the paid version, there is a small chance that you will see this error message: "Error 25004. The product key entered cannot be used on this machine. This is most likely due to the previous Office 2016 tests installed". There is nothing to worry about. We have detailed some simple solutions that fix this problem in this article. Just follow those and the problem will be fixed quickly.
Solution 1: Change the registry settings
Sometimes there is' Office conflicts with installing Office on your computer.
1. Click the windows icon. Gender "regedit".
2. To access the Registry Editor file, hit "Log in".
Change a single password on your Registry Editor Without knowing anything, it can result in a fatal error. So please make a backup in advance.
Just click on "archive"And then click"Export". Keep it in a safe place on your disk.
3. When the Registry Editor file appears, expand the key headers like this-
4. Simply, the right mouse button on him "Office"And then click"To remove".
5. If a confirmation message appears, click "Yup'.
6. After that, go to this place-
7. As before, right click on him "Office"And click"To remove".
8. Then browse like this:
ComputerHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMICROSOFTWINDOWS NTCurrent VersionAppCompatFlags
9. The right mouse button on him "AppCompatFlags".
10. Next, click on “To remove".
After that, close the Registry Editor window.
Restart computer and try installing the full version of Office again.
Solution 2: Rename / delete existing Office folders
Renaming the existing Office folder will fix this problem.
1. At first, you need to access the File Browser by pressing Windows key + E.
2. Then proceed like this:
C: Program Files
3. Scroll down the folder list until you find 'MS Office'.
Four. The right mouse button on him "MS Office 15"* folder and click "Rename".
5. Rename the folder as "MS Office 15 Backup".
Similarly, try searching for other Office-related folders within the Binder Program Files file. Simply add 'Support for' to the end of those folder names.
OfficeUpdate folder in OfficeUpdate Support for
OfficeUpdate 14 to OfficeUpdate 14 Support for
6. Navigate to this location
C:Program FilesCommon Filesmicrosoft shared
7. In the Microsoft shared folder, delete the "Office 15"Folder e"Office software protection platform'binder.
8. Now go to this location ~
C:Users"%User Account Name%"AppdataLOCALMicrosoft
[Replace the ‘User Account Name‘ with your own username]
9. Right click on him "Office"Folder and click"To remove".
10. Then go to this place-
C:Users"%User Account Name%"AppdataLocalLowMicrosoft
eleven. Remove the "Office"Also here.
12. After that, open this place in your File Browser -
C:Users"%User Account Name%"AppdataRoamingMicrosoft
13. Right click on him 'Office"Folder y"To remove' that.
14. Go to this location on the drive
15. As a last step, the right mouse button in "tokens.dat"And click"Rename".
16. Rename the file as "tokens.dat.old".
Once you are sure that you have deleted all MS Office related folders, close the File Browser.
To shut down your system. Wait a moment and start it. Install the MS Office file again and try to access it.
Depends on MS Office version, Office folder name may be different. I like it - MS Office 13, MS Office 14.
Fix 3: Empty Temp Folder
The Temperature The folder contains temporary files extracted from your computer.
1. First, press the button Windows key With 'R'key.
2. When the file run terminal appears, type "%temperature%". As soon as you click on "ok“, The Temperature folder will appear.
3. In the Temperature folder, press "Ctrl + A'. All folders and files within Temperature The folder will be selected.
4. Next, press the "To remove'to empty the temperature collector.
After deleting the Temperature Folder file, try to install MS Office again.
Fix 4: repair the existing version
Repairing the existing version of MS Office may solve the problem.
1. At first, search for "Programs and features".
2. Now click on "Programs and features“In the high search result.
3. When the Programs and Features file window appears, look for the "MS Office"Package.
4. What you need to do now is the right mouse button on the package and click "Modify".
5. Select "Quick repair".
6. Then click on "Repair".
Once repaired, start again your computer. After restarting your device, try reinstalling Office.
Fix 5: clean uninstall of the Office package
If nothing works for you, uninstalling the current package is the only solution left.
1. Visit this link on your computer.
2. Just click on "download"On the right side.
After downloading the file, close your browser.
3. Go to the download folder on your computer.
4. After that, double click on him "SetupProd_OffScrub.exe“File to run it.
5. Then click on "Install on pc".
6. Next, you need to click on "run“To run the installer.
7. Then click on "I agree".
8. When you see the question "Is this the affective machine?", Click the radio button next to "Yup".
9. Then click on "The next".
10. Next, check the correct version of MS Office.
11. Next, click on "The next".
Then wait for the uninstall to complete.
Close the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool. Restart the system and install the MS Office file again.
Solution 6: Install Office using CMD
If you have a Multiple Activation Key (MAK), only then will this solution help you.
1. First, press Tasto Windows + R.
2. In the running window, type "appwiz.cpl“. Click on “ok".
3. Scroll through the list of applications and click on “Microsoft Office Professional Plus".
4. Click on 'To uninstall".
5. Finally, click on "To uninstall".
6. Follow the instructions Fix-5 to clean MS Office residue from your computer.
7. If necessary, start again your computer.
8. Now what you need to do is move the Office iso file (the DVD drive) to your hard drive.
9. Make a note of the location.
9. Click in the search box and type "cmd".
10. After that, the right mouse button in the "Symbol of the system"And click"Run as administrator".
11. When the cmd window appears, navigate to the folder where the ISO files have been placed.
cd location of the ISO file
(Example: enter the location of the ISO file in ht.
12. Now, edit and run this code by pressing Log in, after pasting this command.
setup.exe / admin
(Example - The command will look like:
13. As soon as you run this command, the OCT file will open.
14. Follow the instructions.
15. Select the 'Enter product key' and enter your MAK key. (It will automatically add dashes)
16. Save the file in the "Updates" folder inside the Office installation drive. (Example - C: 2013 updates 2013.msp)
17. In the last step, close the Office Customization Tool.
18. After doing all this, run the setup.exe file as normal on your computer.
This time, the installation process will not generate the error again.
1. You can consider using a new Product Key for your MS Office.
2. Use the latest version of the Installers Office.