Some Windows 10 users have recently complained of an issue related to their inability to drag down a maximized window on their computer. If you are experiencing the same situation, we have some very simple solutions for this problem. Make these fixes and the problem should be solved in no time. But before proceeding with the solutions, you should try these tricks and shortcuts to check if the problem has an easier solution.
1. If this problem is due to temporary errors or failures, a simple one start again of your device can fix it.
2. Open any application and maximize it. After zooming in, press Windows key + left / right Arrow key. This can help you drag the maximized window.
If any of these didn't work for you, these fixes sure will:
Fix-1 Prevent Standalone Windows Fixes-
1. Press Tasto Windows + R open Running window. Now, copy paste run this command and click "all right". Accessibility Center will open.
2. Now click on "Make the mouse easier to use"option.
3 inch Make the mouse easier to use window, check the "Prevents windows from organizing automatically when moved to the edge of the screen“At the bottom of the window. Now press "Request"And"all right”To save the changes.
Restart your computer and after reboot check if you can drag a maximized window to your computer.
If the solution doesn't work for you, repeat step 1 to step 3, But this time deselect the option "Prevents the automatic organization of windows when they are moved to the edge of the screen".
Check if this solution works or not.
Fix-2 Switch Snap windows OFF-
turning Turn the windows off can solve this problem.
1. Click the Search box next to the Windows icon and type "multitasking setup"And then click"Multitasking setup“In the high search result.
2. In the left pane of the Settings window, change "Adjust the windows" for "Worn out".
Now close Window Settings. Try dragging a maximized window now. If you keep facing the same problem, find the next solution.
Fix-3 Run SFC Scan and Health Restore-
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Running. writes "cmd“And then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter. Click on “Yup“To grant access to User Account Control (UAC). System symbol The window with administrator rights will open.
2. Now, copy e dough this command in Window System Symbol, then press Pay in to run it.
sfc / scannow
If the above command causes errors, copy e dough this command in System Symbol window and knock Pay in to run it.
sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c: / offwindir =c:windows
[NOTE- Replace “C:” with the drive letter of the Windows installation directory on your computer.]
Wait a moment while SFC The scan may take some time to complete.
Once the process is finished, start again your computer.
3. After the computer starts, press again Tasto Windows + R have lunch Run and then write "cmd“And then press Ctrl + Shift + Enter. Now click on "Yup“To grant access to User Account Control (UAC) open the System Symbol window with administrative rights.
4. Now in Window System Symbol, copy e dough these commands one by one in the System Symbol window then knocks Pay in after each of these commands to execute them.
Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / CheckHealth Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth Dism / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth
Wait a while DISM The process can also take some time.
Restart computer to save the changes to your computer. After restarting, check if you can drag the window to your computer or not.