If you are trying to print something from your device, but it returns an error message that says "The printer driver is not availableAnd you desperately need a solution to your problem, you are in the right place. This problem usually occurs when the printer driver installed on the device is old or incompatible. Don't worry, simple solutions are available to solve your problem. Follow these corrections and you will be able to print again. But, before proceeding, try these solutions which will test a few things on your device.
1. Check the printer for any problems (such as hardware failure, connection problems, cartridge movement, etc.). Unplug the printer and plug it back into your computer and try printing something again.
2. Restart computer and after restarting connect it to the printer and try to print something.
3. Make sure you are using an administrative account when printing. If you are not using one, log in with your administrative account and try printing again.
If any of these solutions didn't work for you, try these solutions:
Fix-1 Uninstall Printer Drivers-
1. Press Tasto Windows + R have lunch Run and write "control printers“And hit Pay in.
Device and Printers window will open.
2. Now, in the list of printers, the right mouse button on the problem printer, click "Remove the device".
3. This will remove the device from your computer.
4. Now click on "Yup”To confirm the removal of the device.
5. By pressing Tasto Windows + R it should open the Running window. writes "devmgmt.msc"And click"all right".
6. In the Device Administrator window, the right mouse button on the printer and click "Uninstall device".
Click on "Uninstall”To confirm the initialization of the uninstall process.
If you can't find the printing device, don't worry. It is possible that if you disable it in the previous step, it is already uninstalled from the device.
Restart your computer. Start the printer and connect it to your computer via WiFi or Ethernet.
Wait a little longer. Now, she tries to print something and check if you are getting the error again.
Fix-2 Updates the printer driver
The problem you are having with the printer may be due to the fact that the printer driver is not up to date. You can update the printer driver by following these steps:
1. Press the key Windows key. Now type "devmgmt".
2. Then click on "Device administrator“In the search result.
3. In the Device Administrator window, expand "Print queues".
4. Now, The right mouse button on it and click "Update Driver".
3. Just click on "Automatically searches for updated driver software".
After, start again your computer.
Check if your problem is solved. If the problem persists, look for the next solution.
Fix-3 Install the printer driver in compatibility mode-
1. Press Tasto Windows + S and then write "Control Panel".
2. Now click on "Device administrator“In the search result.
2. In the Device Administrator window, expand "Print queues“From the device list.
3. The right mouse button on the problematic driver and click "Uninstall device".
4. Click on 'Uninstall”To confirm the initialization of the uninstall process.
5. Now download the latest driver for your printer from the printer manufacturer's website.
6. Browse to the location of the downloaded driver.
7. Now, the right mouse button in the driver package and click "Property".
8. In the Properties window, go to "Compatibilityy "and then check the box"Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
9. Then choose the "Windows 8“In the drop-down menu.
10. Now check "Run this program as an administrator".
11. Click on 'Request"Y"all right”To save the changes on your computer.
12. In the last step, double click in the driver package to start the installation process.
At the end of the installation process, start again your computer.
After rebooting, try to print something and you should be able to print it. If the problem continues to bother you, find our next solution.
Fix-4 Reinstall printer drivers-
1. Press the Windows key once and type "Control Panel".
2. Now, on the right side of the search window, click on “Tools and printers".
3. Now, in the list of printers, the right mouse button on the problem printer.
4. Then click on "Remove the device".
This will remove the device from your computer.
5. Now click on "Yup”To confirm the removal of the device.
Close the Tools and Printers window.
Restart your computer.
He has opened Tools and Printers yet.
6. Now, in the Tools and Printers window, click on "Add a printer".
Windows 7 should automatically detect the printer. Click on "Next".
8. Now, check the box "Set as Default Printer"And then click"To finish".
Try printing a page. Now check if you have the same problem with the printer driver on your computer. Your problem should be solved.