Could you imagine recording an audio track from home a decade ago? With technology gaining momentum in recent years, this is also possible now. Yes, we are talking about the PC audio recording software that has revolutionized the concept of sound recording.
Whether you want to record a song, a piece of music, a business meeting or just a conversation, an efficient audio recorder is the best solution for your recording needs. While there are many recording software to choose from, we've listed a mix of basic and advanced PC audio recorder to make it easy.
If you are looking for free and open source audio recording software, perhaps there could be no better alternative to Audacity. One of the most popular free registration programs around, it works with all major platforms and is extremely easy to use. It features an efficient multitrack audio recorder which is a great competition even for paid programs.
Among its main features are:
- Ability to record live audio using a microphone or mixer. It also allows you to digitize recordings from other media sources.
- It allows you to import files and even edit and mix audio files. You can even export files in various formats along with different files at the same time.
- Option to easily edit using functions like Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete, along with unlimited consecutive Undo and Redo function.
- Offers spectrogram view mode which helps to visualize and choose frequencies.
- Live preview of different effects such as LADSPA, LV2, VST and Audio Unit (macOS).
- Fully manipulate tracks and selections using the keyboard and a wide range of keyboard shortcuts.
- It offers support for several effects plugins such as LADSPA, LV2, Nyquist, VST and Audio Unit.
Price: free and open source.
Sound Forge Pro 12 is a perfect solution for anyone looking for the best PC audio recorder. This state-of-the-art recording software is also proficient in audio mastering and editing. The new version offers an improved user experience, increased productivity, speed and consistency required for unrivaled audio production. From recording, editing, or restoring to mastering, it's an advanced 64-bit audio engine that performs all tasks accurately.
Among its main features are:
- Crystal clear audio recording of up to 32 channels simultaneously with sample rates up to 64bit / 768kHz.
- A fully portable recording studio that can be taken anywhere for multi-channel recordings.
- From offering the ability to create video soundtracks to creating the ultimate surround sound effect, it offers professional-quality sound design and processing.
- Create professional-grade, noise-free audio tracks. It can create near-flawless masters for CD or streaming, using state-of-the-art signal processing tools and unique effects formed from high-quality DSP codes.
- It offers a better user experience with a new interface that is now flexible and available in four colors.
- It comes with an advanced VST engine that offers more speed and stability with plugins.
- It includes the Peak Meter V2 function which displays the maximum levels of audio signals in addition to the oscilloscope.
Price: Priced at Rs. 24, 999
Apowersoft is one of the leading free audio recorders for PC, mainly due to its user-friendly interface and ease of use. It makes it easier for you to register on any platform without any subscription or plug-in to install. An easy to use program which allows you to record the original sound quality with just one click.
It features a range of audio input sources (streaming music websites, vice chat, radio stations and more), output formats (AAC, M4A, MP3, WMA, etc.) and compatibility with various devices such as Chromebook, smartphone (iOS, Android, Windows0, iTunes, tablet and Windows Media Player.
Among its other main features are:
- Ability to record a song, the background music of a video, web radio stations or an interesting audio stream.
- Ability to easily record narration through the microphone which can be further used to insert your voice into video clips, presentations, tutorials and more.
- Option to save chat history of online meetings, interesting conversations with friends or any other audio clip.
- Allows you to rename the audio file after recording for easy organization in the local folder.
- It comes with a native library where all recorded files are saved.
- It also offers “Play” and “Share” functionality in addition to critical recording functions.
- Share audio clips on popular platforms like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Google Plus, and more, using handy sharing features.
- It also allows you to check the quality of the recording by listening to it before the next step.
Price: free; the pro version starts at $ 59,95
RecordPad is fast, responsive and offers high quality audio recordings. Perfect for voice and audio recording, the program allows you to create an audiobook, enhance your online presentations, or simply record a message. It makes the whole registration process easier using a computer. From audio notes or announcements to messages, you can record all this and more in WAV or MP3 formats.
Some of its other main features are:
- It only allows you to record when you speak and voice activated recording is on.
- Share your recordings by email. Alternatively, you can also upload the recordings to an FTP server.
- Ability to run from other programs using powerful command line switches.
- Wide range of hotkeys that allow keyboard control over recording while working on other applications.
- It comes with MPEG Layer-3 encoding which offers content with fluctuating bit rates, alternative error control and combined stereo modes.
- Option to synchronize with its professional version of WavePad which allows you to edit recordings and insert effects.
- Allows you to burn to record directly to CD using the Express Burn feature.
- Option to search and play the date, size, duration and format of recordings.
Price: Starting at $ 19,99
The whole purpose of the software is to simplify audio processing. It combines the prototype of a tried and tested recording studio with the latest beat-and-loop-based production process. This helps convert your musical ideas into reality much faster than ever.
It features a single screen interface that is efficient and comes with endless tracks, responsive editing tools, and state-of-the-art virtual instruments. Among its main features are:
- It offers creative avenues to help you achieve your goals. While the start page lets you open projects, correct guidelines, and look for tips and updates, the Song page lets you record, arrange, edit and mix music using a wide range of virtual effects, instruments and instruments. Once completed, you can then collect and master your creation on the project page.
- It offers inventive solutions such as the scratchpad which helps to test arrangements, the arranger track to easily move sections of the song just like the moving parts, and the harmonic editing function which offers the most adaptable lead track addition ever.
- Changing harmonics allows you to create music, audition, change cable progress, and more.
- It comes with a revised hardware audio device controller that helps control the software by allowing for total gain on the interface and polarity controls.
- Whether it's the controller or the tone modules, it works with all normal MIDI devices. When MIDI data reaches the software, it is edited into a high resolution, 32-bit format.
- It offers a print option for annotations in just a few clicks and with the help of Notion 6.4 or higher.
- It comes with a range of built-in plug-ins that deliver a world-class experience.
- It supports all major export formats including MP3, AAC, ALAC and others.
Price: starts from Rs. 6841 / -
Mixcraft 8 is known for its lightning-fast engine, state-of-the-art audio, MIDI routing, integrated sidechaining, and audio control. The audio control function allows the sound signals to control instruments and effects. In addition, it provides full support for VST3 plug-ins and MP4 videos.
Among its main features are:
- It comes with advanced features like real-time performance panel recording, track grouping, etc.
- Melodyne pitch correction function built into the interface for perfection in vocal performances.
- It offers studio-quality, royalty-free loops organized into song kits for super easy track creation.
- It helps you with professional-grade music production with over 7500 loops, sound effects and samples.
- Auto-sync, unstoppable audio and MIDI clip trimming are possible with the help of the incredibly adaptable Performance Panel.
- It allows you to create custom beats, musical beats and patterns extremely easily and with blazing speed.
- It offers a wide range of virtual instruments such as imitations of the standard synthesizer, electric piano and rock organs.
- Equipped with advanced video editing options and environment for creating music. From adding cross-fade video clips or adding stunning video effects to effortlessly edit images and video files, it offers more than a DAW.
- Allows you to view and edit several parameters simultaneously with strong lane and clip-based automation.
Price: Starting at $ 49
Among the most popular PC sound recorders, WavePad is best known for its excellent audio editing features. It is a feature rich software specially designed for Windows and Mac. It helps you to record and edit all kinds of audio including voice, music and other audio recordings.
While it offers cut, copy and paste functions for editing audio files, it also allows you to add various effects such as noise reduction, echo and amplification. Among its other main features are:
- The functionality of the DirectX and Virtual Studio Technology DLL (VST) plug-ins gives you access to a large collection of instruments and effects. h
- speech synthesis (text-to-speech), spectral analysis (FFT) and voice changer are the advanced tools supplied with the software.
- For neat editing, you can use features like scrub, search, and bookmark.
- It provides support for almost all major formats including MP3, WAV, WMA, AU, AAC, M4A, VOX, MID and others.
- You can also edit audio from video files.
- Ability to add effects or convert multiple files during batch processing.
Price: Starting at $ 29,99
Audials One turns your musical needs into real music. It also allows you to use Spotify as a search tool. It comes loaded with a new dynamic recording mode and new recording sources. Among its other main features are:
- Enhanced YouTube downloader with 4K video support.
- Refurbished encoder backend and new device accounts.
- Offers simplified and rearranged views.
- It allows you to control all functions directly from the media.
- Easy to use, starts much faster and shuts down quickly.
- It features a new TV player that doesn't let you watch and record easily.
- It offers 300 new live TV streams from around the world plus 50 music TV streams as a bonus.
- The optimized streaming recorder allows you to edit tracks 10x faster.
- It is much easier to get music with the three popular modes: My Music, Music Search and Music Wishes merged into one.
Price: Free trial available; upgrade available for $ 49,90
While there are countless audio recording software programs out there, the ones above are easy to use with advanced features. The above list of best PC audio recorders comes loaded with high-end features that make the whole process of recording, editing and mastering a breeze. So, find the one that's right for you and bring your musical ideas into sonic reality.