Ubisoft will stop supporting online servers for various classic games developed by the company including many chapters of the saga of Assassin's Creed and the latest chapter in the saga of Splinter Cell.
Ubisoft will not only end support for the online services of many games released for previous generations, but will no longer allow access to their DLCs either.
Ubisoft today released a list of titles that will undergo this treatment and plans to withdraw support for those titles starting from 1 September 2022. Here is what you read on the official website:
Closing online services for some older games allows us to focus our resources on creating amazing experiences for players who are playing newer or more popular titles. To help us achieve this, some older titles will be added to our list of discontinued online services on September 1, 2022.
However, the most shocking thing is that many PC games will not allow access to the downloadable extras. unlike console titles. The remastered of Far Cry 3 and Assassin's Creed III, currently, they are not interested.
From September 1st, it will not be possible to "play multiplayer, link Ubisoft accounts in the game or use online features" with the following titles:
- Year 2070 - PC
- Assassin’s Creed II – PC / PlayStation 3
- Assassin’s Creed 3 (versione 2012) – PlayStation 3 / Wii U / Xbox 360
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood – PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360
- Assassin’s Creed Revelations – PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360
- Driver: San Francisco – PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360
- Far Cry 3 (versione 2012) – PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360
- Ghost Recon: Future Soldier – PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360
- Rayman Legends – PlayStation 3 / Wii U / Xbox 360
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist – PC
- Splinter Cell: Blacklist – PlayStation 3 / Xbox 360
- Zombie U – Wii U
Also from 1 September, with the following titles it will not be possible to access the online content and, in addition, "installation and access to downloadable content (DLC) will not be available":
- Assassin’s Creed 3 (versione 2012) – PC
- Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood – PC
- Assassin's Creed Liberation HD - PC
- Driver: San Francisco – PC
- Far Cry 3 (2012 version) - PC
- Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - PC
- Silent Hunter 5 – PC
Infine Space Junkies, being a multiplayer-only title, will no longer be playable as of September 1, 2022.
Source: Official site